Thursday, August 10, 2023

Day 4014: A Hero & TBT

    

"Killers": junk mail collage.


 

 

Want music?

    Click here: Colbie Caitlin, Bubbly

 


2GN2S ...  A Hero


In 2008, a stroke and subsequent traumatic brain injury nearly killed Stacey Buckner. Today, she says her miraculous road to recovery led her to the outreach work that has become her life’s mission.  It took a long time for Buckner to regain her speech and motor skills, and her first job after her recovery at the Fayetteville VA Medical Center included calling and reminding veterans about their upcoming appointments. She learned more about issues facing veterans, including those experiencing homelessness, and began reaching out to those in need in her spare time. Through her program, Off-Road Outreach, Buckner has now helped more than 1,000 veterans in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Using her own off-road vehicle — a Jeep that has accommodations for water, heating, and cooking — Buckner provides mobile showers, laundry services, and meals to homeless veterans in her hometown, known for its proximately to Fort Liberty, a military installation of the US Army.

Read the full story here



 

On Sunday's, GH#2, Jake and I sometimes have brunch together. But last Sunday was the day after the shower and key incident, and he worked late at Playa Mesa, so we were tired.

When he came over we talked and he asked if I was hungry, and I said "not really" and he said he wasn't hungry so we just stayed home and talked, and two hours flew by. Made my day.

He asked if I needed anything done? I told him about doing the blog and accidentally highlighting the whole blog, and thus deleting the entire blog and not being able to get it back

He showed my how using the control key so I could undo my mistake. And after he had gone home, I found this on my keyboard control key. 

He said it was in case I forgot the control key!
 


 
Throwback Thursday ...


Demura Sensei's Costa Mesa Dojo Team

Newport Beach, 2006




 
A 4+ minute video, Big Bunnyhere.


 
Just because ...
  
Bubulcus Isis


Thursday's Smiles ...
 

 

 

 

 



                     Thanks for coming by today ...

 



4 comments:

john said...

This is a very strong bold piece. It is so pleasant to look at. Really nice job, Jacki! :-)

elenor said...

What an impressive and expressive collage this is, Jacki!
I'm happy you had such a good time with your grandson. Thanks for telling.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John! I do like the simpler ones too.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, a great time! Happy upcoming weekend.