Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Day 4026: Storms & Lunch.


"Separated": junk mail digitized



Want music?

    Click here: James Ingram, Yah Mo B There

 


2GN2S ...

Storms

 

Crews in parts of the western US and Mexico are cleaning up in the aftermath of Hurricane Hilary, which transformed streets into rivers and forced widespread evacuations this week. After hitting Southern California on Sunday as a tropical storm — the state's first since 1997 — Hilary headed into Nevada as its first-ever recorded tropical storm. As Hilary and its remnants moved up the western US, the storm broke several rainfall records. Notably, Hilary dumped a year's worth of rain on Palm Springs, California,
 
 As I drove today I noticed that the wind had blown the dust, pine needles off the trees, bushes and lawns. Since I live in very close proximity to 2 really large (3 story) pine trees and a willow tree, and wind sent a huge amount of pine needles into my yard.
GH#2 took me to lunch for ramen yesterday, and when we got back, he decided to rake my yard. His idea, honest! He filled a huge garbage can and took the bag to the trash. He said he liked doing it and to call him when I need it done again! Wow! I am so blessed.
 


 


 While Superman and WonderWoman are in town, WW arranged a mother-daughter lunch with Cheryl and Carol at Zov's in Santa Ana.


Would you think that four adults could take three hours to eat lunch? We had to catch up, and Gianna is at TCU. The waiters at Zov's are kind and patient.WW wanted to see the hydrangeas, and took the photo.

 Because you might be curious, Cheryl and Carole got salmon and scallop salad to split. WW and I both got their divine angel hair pasta, and split a small green salad.

   


 
  
 
 
 
A1+ minute video, Australian ballethere.


 
Just because ...

   

Pelican by Matt Devitt



 
Wednesday's Smiles ...
 
 
 
 


 
 
  


  



4 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Thank you for posting the ballet video. What an amazing dancer, and a real treat to see what the human body is capable of. Also loved the "rug" you posted in your art section today, and the pelican with the fish showing in his peak was a great photo. I vicariously ate with you at Zovs, so now I don't have all those delicious calories! LOL! Thank you for a wonderful start to the day.

elenor said...

What a wonderful family you have, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks eLENOR, YES I THINK I WON THE RAFFLE!?

jacki long said...

Thanks Carrol, I love it when you like the blog, Ive been thinking of you and you do for so many. Definitely a Renaissance woman. I feel lucky to have you in my life.