Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Day 3748: Upside-down Art and TMI?

 

 

"Stop trespassing": junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here: De Barge, All This Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

Art world puzzled at famous painting hanging upside down for 77 years


According to a curator at a German museum, an abstract painting by Dutch artist Piet Mondrian has been displayed upside down for seventy-seven years at a number of museums. The art piece from 1941 known as New York City I, according to the curator of a new show at the Kunstsammlung museum in Düsseldorf, has probably been hung upside down for more than 75 years.

As Meyer-Büser prepared for the exhibition, she learned that the painting had been displayed to the public in a way that was possibly not intended. She then told the German daily Süddeutsche Zeitung, “In a photo from 1944, I saw that the canvas was the other way around on an easel. It intrigued me.” The red, yellow, red, and blue adhesive tape lines in the abstract painting, which has a white background and intersects at right angles, are supposed to resemble the skyline of New York.

Despite her discovery, Meyer-Büser has decided to keep the Neoplasticism in Primary Colors hanging upside-down out of concern that it may become damaged or dissolve.

View the video, here.




The morning started at Costco. I had a return and after playing Where's Mario for a rare parking place, I got in the return line. There were 18 people ahead of me. I really wanted 5 cases of my alkaline water, but after the wait, there wasn't time. I did get a hot dog and ate it in the car. I had a 12;30 appointment at Kaiser Sand Canyon, so drove there.

  

A big improvement on the first three shots I had, as far as simplifying the process. You don't have to wait fifteen minutes to see if you going to croak.

  


The nurse was excellent, quick,easy, done. There were children maybe 5 or 6 getting a shot, and one mother said the infant in her front-pack would be getting a shot?


When I was getting out of my car, I noticed the reflection on the large hospital window, and planned to get a shot on my way back to the car.
   
 
I get a lot of funny looks when I am shooting windows and such, but I brave it so you can see.

 
This is looking straight up. More funny looks!

 
 
 

 
 
 
A 2+minute video, piano for Sharkyhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Straw-necked Ibis


 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 

 

 
 

   

 
  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 


3 comments:

john said...

You captured the destruction of the bombings so well. Even Banksy is doing art in the Ukraine. I love saying Jacki and Banksy in the same breath. :-)

jacki long said...

Wow, thanks John, I am honored. He is amazing.

elenor said...

Jacki, please go on shooting windows and such. The funny looks you get are always a treat.
I already got my 4th shot maybe a month ago? I feel a lot safer now.
Stay healthy!