Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Day 3727: Celebration and to behave.

   

"War-torn": junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here:  O'Jays, Forever Mine.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

Shibuya Sky is celebrating Christmas with rooftop light shows & mirror balls

The observation deck at Shibuya Scramble Square is hosting its first Sparkling View event from November 17 to December 25

There are plenty of incredible illuminations and light displays you can enjoy in Tokyo during the winter, a time of year when the city shines brightly despite the colder days and longer nights. The Shibuya Sky observatory deck at Shibuya Scramble Square is celebrating the holiday season with its very first Sparkling View event.  


Go up to the rooftop Sky Stage and you’ll find a Christmas tree with a difference. Shibuya Sky’s 'hologram' tree is projected into the night sky with numerous colored light beams.


You would also be treated to a special light and sound performance on the Sky Stage, which comes on every 30 minutes from 7pm.

Shibuya Sky Sparkling View website for information.

 


 
I am going to let you in on the secret.
The reason that I am usually said to be fairly well behaved. I remember it clearly.
 

When I was 4, we went to Indiana to visit.
We were on Aunt Fern's farm.
 
 
The grown-ups were talking about the next meal. They decided on chicken for supper. My Mother said she'd take care of it. 

 
I followed my Mom out to the chicken pen.
She picked one, and in a split second...
snapped it in a half-circle with one hand.
The chicken's body ran around, without a head!
 

 
I still remember thinking ... I better behave!


 
 
 
 
A 30 second video, dolphins & squirrelshere.


 
Just because ...
   
Gouldian Finch


 
 
Smiles for Wednesday ...
 

 
 


 

 

 
   
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

When I was at my grandmother's home in Nebraska as a young girl, I had to kill a chicken in this manner. It is a thing one never forgets. But I was older than you were when this occurred.

jacki long said...

Yes, I agree Carrol, an indelible memory! Hard to see, but much harder for you to actually do? You are stronger then me.

john said...

I can definitely say, “Yes!” I like how the red portion leads me across the piece of art. :-)

elenor said...

These photos are just too cute, Jacki! Being so young some impressions burn into our head and we will never forget them. I don't think most adults are aware how they hurt the little soul.
And of course I love your collage!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I always think of you when there is a"pop of red"!!

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor. My Mom grew up the youngest of 10 on a farm, and they learned to do everything, so I'm sure she didn't realize.