Thursday, November 10, 2022

Day 3735: T-Rex and wonky card.

   

"Devastation": digital collage



Want music?




Click here: Roberta Flack, Where is the Love
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

T-rex skull unearthed in South Dakota to be auctioned in NY

   A Tyrannosaurus rex skull unearthed in South Dakota is expected to sell for $15 million or more at auction in New York next month, officials with Sotheby’s said Tuesday. The 200-pound (91-kilogram) skull fossil, nicknamed Maximus, is being sold Dec. 9 by an owner who wishes to remain anonymous, the auction house said.

The skull was excavated in 2020 and 2021 in Harding County, South Dakota, where other T. rex skeletons like Sue and Stan were found, according to Cassandra Hatton, Sotheby’s head of science and popular culture. She called the area “the world capital for T. rexes.” Most of the rest of this T. rex’s remains were destroyed over time by erosion, but Sotheby’s experts said the skull was a major find.

The 6 1/2-foot (2-meter) fossil is about 76 million years old and still has most of the external skull bones and numerous teeth, Sotheby’s experts said. 

Hatton said two large puncture holes in the skull are evidence of a big fight, probably with another T. rex. “We don’t know that this is what caused the death of this animal, but we can tell that it did have a major battle during its lifetime,” she said.




A wonky card for Grandhunk #1, Jordan.

I did see GH#1 on hid birthday last Saturday. I sang to him, not as a punishment but as a tradition I have done for all 25 years of his life. I didn't have his card finished, but he was flying off to Nevada to spend four days with his Mom and Dad, WW & SM. Since I had four days to get it done, I naturally left it until today!

Every year I try to come up with a type of card and make one for all three GH's. I start it off with GH#1 birthday in November and repeat a similar one in June and October. I didn't have an idea this year until yesterday when I found a piece of cardboard 8x28" that had some splashes of gesso on it. Somehow I envisioned GH#1's long body on it? And so I decided that would be his card.


I pulled up a photo on my laptop to try to draw his face. The body was easy, but the face not so much.
 
Now I am trying to decide if I will paint it? or collage it? Or, leave it as is. It's not like digital where I can undo if I don't like it. I will decide before this blog posts, so you will see the results?
 

(Another last minute decision)




 

Throwback Thursday ...
 
 
photo by Linda Webb Calkin

 
Art demo for O.C.Fair, 2000.
Back when I had wings. I could use some now!
 
 
 

 
 
 
A fun 3minute video, sleepy puppyhere.


 
Just because ...
 
   
Silver-breasted Broadbill


 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 
 
 
 


 

 

 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

5 comments:

elenor said...

Last minute decisions often are the best. Jacki, I think you'll add some collage? Anyway, Jordan will love this card. Best wishes to him.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor! Yes, it probably could use some collage? Maybe, if I have time before he stops by??

john said...

First, I love the photo of you with wings. :-). Now for a question….Do you keep a list of words that connect to the theme of war or do you come up with them each day? You get it so right on! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you John. You are right I have kept a rather long list of the titles I have used, but I have also used the same titles sometimes. I do a piece and namee it and then realize I have used it before. But when I look, tthey both seem to work?

Irene R said...

I ❤️ The picture of you with wings. Suits you!! I agree, a little collage on the card will make it more you. IMHO xo