Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Day 3726: Zamboni and Aunt Martha.

 

   

"Bless the boys": ball point, junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here: Bruno Mars, Love's Train.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...   


'Costume of the year': Boy's family transforms wheelchair into Zamboni

A Canadian family transformed their five-year-old son's wheelchair into a Zamboni for Halloween. The NHL called it "costume of the year." Video here.



Aunt Martha at 18. 
 
Today is my Aunt Martha's birthday. She was my mother's second oldest sister, of five girls & five boys. 
 
 
Aunt Martha was a great teacher, with her bachelors and masters degree from Butler University. She was a wonderful artist, but maybe her most endearing trait was her great sense of humor. She loved to laugh and did so often. I loved that sound.
 
Aunt Vonda & Aunt Martha on the way to the Rose Parade, 1971
 
She was kind and generous, as was her sister, my Aunt Vonda, together they changed my life. My gratitude is boundless.
 
 


 
 
 
 
A fun 5+minute video, slo-mo mothshere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Ferruginous Pygmy-owl


 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 


 
 


 

  
 
  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 


4 comments:

john said...

I feel I am looking at an illustration from a famous children’s book. Well done! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. There is something about this that is appealing to me?

elenor said...

Could you imagine sending these boys into war when they are a few years older? Let's hope this tragedy ends soon.
Bless the boys!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, bless them all, what a nightmare!