Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Day 3656: Kindness and toes.


"The news": graphite, acrylics, collage




Want music?




Click here: Police, Every Breath You Take
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 


2GN2S ...

Daily Dose Of Kindness
This teenager was filling up his Mustang when the older gentleman pulled up with his can for the mower and was patiently waiting. The teenager noticed, pulled the nozzle out and said "Sir will you please let me see your can?" He filled it up as the older gentleman objected. When the kid finished, he put the nozzle back into his car to finish filling up his own. He refused to take money from the gentleman and wished him a wonderful day. They are all over this country and they come in many shapes and colors. Teach your children to be like this. It all starts at home with the parents. Be a parent, not a buddy.    (*source unknown)
 


Toes!
 
This is not a topic I would have ever expected to use in a blog. Never. But I knew it might be funny and that was my goal. When Grandhunk #1 was over, we compared feet, I lost!
 

But at 5'2 vs 6'6, that shouldn't be a surprise. I used to play with his toes when they were tiny. I think I even drew little people on his toes? He liked it at the time. All Grandmas do that, right?
 
Don't all Grandma & Grandsons toe-hug?
 
Precious times that melt my heart.
Someone commented: Gee, your toes are long, aren't they?" Why, yes they are.


I had heard that if your second toe is longer than your big toe, it means that you are bossy? Have you heard that? My friend, Val said she had heard "intelligent", not bossy. I like her version better. Either way, my third toe is also longer than my big toe, whatever that means? But it was good for pointed-toe shoes back in the day.


Then, there are my salt& pepper shaker toes. Can you see them? I broke my fourth toe in Karate years ago. Doctors don't do anything for toes, except say, "Ice it." 
I did ice it, but the toe actually dropped under my foot when I walked! So I taped it to my middle toe, and they bonded. They fit together like a salt & pepper shaker.
Now you know more about my toes than anyone, except Grandhunk #1, he got the stories long ago.

 
 
 
2+minute video, Robbed At Knifepoint here.


 
Just because ...
 
Capped Heron

 
 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

  

  



   

 


 
 

                             Thanks for coming by today




4 comments:

john said...

Love the use of lettering in the hair.:-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, lots of layers! ;o)

elenor said...

The words from the news popping up in the head.... brilliant!

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, I do like this one.