Monday, August 22, 2022

Day 3655: Rescue and declutter.

 

"The toll": junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here: Marvin Gaye, Got to Give It Up
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
 

2GN2S ...

Young heroes ...

A group of high school football players rescued an injured woman trapped in her burning car after a wreck


Our favorites this week


A group of high school football player in Rome, Georgia jumped out of their cars while on the way to school to help free an injured woman who was trapped after a wreck. 


Treyvon Adams, 16, Antwion Carey, 16, Tyson Brown, 17, Alto Moore, 16, and Cesar Parker, 16, were heading to school one morning when they came across an awful crash. The teens jumped into action and tried to free a woman trapped inside the car, who was in pain and yelling for help. Treyvon admitted that, though he and his teammates are strong, it took everything they had to pry open one door, and then another, to pull the woman out. Their heroic actions have rightfully earned them a lot of praise and love from Rome High School and the community. "We appreciate it," Treyvon told CNN. "But I feel we just did the right thing.




Yes, I am still at it! And, I do feel buried under it. I am going through files and files and wondering why I kept every single card and thank you,  plus so many meaningless certificates etc. I do take a minute to re-read some so that does bite into my time!! I just carried out 12 bags of paper to the recycling bin! I have cleared 11 file cabinet drawers with easily that many more to go. I do have the shredder out, but I only use it for the important numbers.

 
My place is so tiny that you have to clear a space to move anything. I am filling grocery and small-ish shopping bags full of torn and discarded papers, so I can lift them to carry to the recycling bin. 

    
In the years when I had my small Mom (and no Pop) advertising agency, I made so many copies, revisions, billings and even multiples and evidently didn't throw anything away. Today I did.

I told WonderWoman it feels like when you lose weight! She said not quite as good! But it is weight! To be continued?



 
 
A 1+minute video, Acapela themehere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Black-faced Hornbill

 


Smiles for Monday ...
 

  

  

 
 



 

                             Thanks for coming by today

5 comments:

john said...

I love works that tend to the monochromatic. :-)

elenor said...

The toll can't be counted - you show this excellently in this great collage. It's a tragedy.

jacki long said...

Thank you,John. I was happy with this except the name.

jacki long said...

Tank you, Elenor, yes the toll is horrendous.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Why r u purging? I’m not keeping up today either.🥴.
I could use ur help! 😍