Saturday, August 6, 2022

Day 3639: An Akita and Dad.

 

 

"Invaded": ink drawing, acrylics, digital.




Want music?




Click here:  Babyface, Whip Appeal.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

I think it was about a year ago when I shared ...

an amazing huge 3-D cat that appeared in Shinjuku? Well, now they have a giant 3D Akita Inu that is appearing on billboards around Shibuya Crossing, Tokyo.

The giant pup is making its first appearance, in a video featuring a 3D karakuri clock courtesy of advertising company Hit. The video will appear simultaneously across eight billboards including three special Synchro 7 Shibuya Hikvision screens, which are one of Japan's largest single-screen digital billboards.
The charming Akita Inu performs a few antics like catching a frisbee and popping out of the clock. The video is scheduled to play at the beginning of every hour, so time your visit accordingly.
The show can be seen from various spots around Shibuya Station, including Hachiko-mae Square, the Miyamsuzaka intersection and Shibuya Scramble Crossing.

For the best view of the billboards from a higher vantage point, go to one of the higher floors in Shibuya Hikarie. A cute, short video, here.




 My Dad always wanted me to be a writer. Mainly because he wanted me to write a book about him using the stories that he told to anyone within earshot. 

For those of us in range, we had heard most of them so often that we thought we should give them numbers. Once in while he would say, have you heard this? If we said yes, he would say, well here it comes again. 

In fairness, new listeners seemed rapt as he told of an adventure or even mundane happenings. We who heard repeatedly, noticed that the pauses happened in exactly the same spots each time. Though it wasn't scripted, it could have been.

So, writing this, I realize I have written about him.
In fact, in the 9+ years of writing 3639 daily blogs, it seems the Dad stories are the readers favorites by far. Ironic, but he would like that.



When I look at the blog numbers and time, I am amazed. Mainly because I just show up each day with random stuff, and you are kind enough to stop by when you can, and some of you even encourage me with comments, and it's often when I am greatly in need. And so, I really thank you.
 

 
 
 
An unusual 9+minute video, Creative arthere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Dark-breasted Rose Finch


 
 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
  
 
  
 


  



 
 
  
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

Yes Jacki, it is amazing that you show up each day with an interesting blog. And each day I'm curious what I'll find there. Jacki, I'm never disappointed! It's always a treat! Thank YOU, Jacki!
Have a wonderful Sunday.

jacki long said...

AWWW, THANK YOU ELENOR OR YOUR EVER KING SUPPORT/ HAPPY SUNDAY!

john said...

I always love your images with glasses. What success!

jacki long said...

Thank you John!