Friday, August 5, 2022

Day 3638: Sand and an obi.

 
  

"Uncertainty": ink drawing, acrylics, digital.



Want music?




Click here:  Stevie Wonder, Isn't She Lovely?
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

 

Better than Sandcastles?

These three-dimensional sand masterpieces look like they've crawled onto shore to take a nap.

 

 


 
 


 
 



It all started in 2010 when Andoni Bastarrika sat on his homeland beach in Basque Country with his two daughters. A self-taught artist from the Basque region of Spain is now he's teaching the art of sand sculpting—it is truly amazing.
 
Works mainly with his hand and few tools such as toothpicks, etc. add in some realistic touches like real horns, hoofs, etc. He's actually able to support himself doing sand sculptures.

Norma!!!

*Sometimes people ask  ...
how I come up with something everyday
now blogging daily over 9 years, at 3638 days. 
Well today I was aided immensely by friend and fine artist Norma Prickett,who sent me the photos and who sometimes comments on my silly blog.

 



  What made my day today?

It could have been a text and photos from WonderWoman, which is always special. Or, it could be going to class to train and seeing Demura Sensei looking so well. Or, it could have been when Demura Sensei told me to wear my black belt next time. I have been wearing a white, beginners belt, by choice, since January 7. 
 
It is traditional, even if not done so much anymore, to wear a white belt when returning from a long absence from training. This is to show respect for the belts who have continued to train, and to give time to catch up. Actually I was comfortable in it, thinking it better to look like an okay white belt than a lost black belt? So, I will dust off my black, and retire my white.

 
 
 
An amazing 4-minute video, performancehere.


 
Just because ...
 
Prairie Falcon

 
 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 
 





 
 





 
  
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today

 


7 comments:

john said...

You really captured the femininity in this latest piece. Amazing. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks so much,John1
it looks ragged to me, but I thought that fit?

elenor said...

Congratulation to have your black belt back, Jacki!
Have a fine weekend.

Anonymous said...

Senpai, you are a black belt always!
Cam

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! Have a great weekend!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Cam. Your4 opinion means more to me than you know.
Michelle, eh is here and I hope to wear it to kata class on Sunday morning.

Irene said...

Congratulations on wearing your black belt! You must be excited about that. Your drawing has a tender feel to her. Have a good weekend. ❤️