Thursday, February 24, 2022

Day 3476: Dorothy, my hero!


 

"The Palmers": old photo, Dorothy's great grandparents, digital collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for Bill Withers, Let It Be.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S ...

A special treat! I emailed Washington friend, artist, PHD to check on how she is doing? I hadn't heard in a while and I had been thinking about her a lot.
 

And I got back a speedy reply. It was so sweet and funny, I asked if I could share it on my silly blog. Dorothy said yes. "I am so happy to have your note!  I still read you everyday and so appreciate the intimacy and beauty and warmth of your sharing.  Love the grandhunks, you and your arts, dogs and Lady Gaga - all of it . . ."

"This aging thing is challenging - and the doomsday world is scary BUT I still feel energized by creating and by the nature around me. When I’m discouraged or achy I just make a foolish collage - have fun sticking my face into unusual bodies :) see below. Warmly, Dorothy"


 


 
 

Then a second e-mail. "Sure - you are welcome to share my pix in the blog. Here's a bunch more of them - use any that amuse you - I laugh at them myself. Carry on my friend, Dorothy"
 

 







Of course I have used every one. Don't you love her great humor and wisdom? Inspiring! Perfect!

Thank you Dorothy, my hero!


 
Throwback Thursday ...
 

Me & Uncle Les, Indiana, 1942


 

 
 
 
A funny 3-minute video, Teamworkhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Barn Owl

 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 




 
 

 



 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

john said...

Just pretty amazing! I like the lighting in this piece. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. It is a little dark, but maybe more interesting?

elenor said...

Of course I loved Dorothy's pictures but also the lovely photo of cute little Jacki with Uncle Les. Jacki, you were such a sweetheart!
Fred Rogers had a wise mum. I must remember what she said. It helps!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Elenor.Yes, our sense of humor and looking for the helpers will be needed. Happy weekend!