Friday, February 18, 2022

Day 3470: I love tulips!

 

 

"Tulips": digital photography.

 



Want music?




Click here for UB40, The Way you Do ...
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
 
Update ...

Last Monday was Valentine's Day ...
 
 
 and WonderWoman took me to lunch at Ponzu.


We both had a delicious Chicken Katsu bento box. Oishi! And, she brought me beautiful tulips!



A large vase of beautiful tulips, but today when five tulips bent and tried to escape, I moved the five to a smaller vase.

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

They are still exploring my studio.
 
 
 

  

2GN2S ...

The Brain Chemistry of Collage

 

* In Kolaj #24, author, mental health professional, and collage artist Laurie Kanyer considers what is going on in the brain when an artist is making collage.

When an artist creates a collage, they use areas of the brain and body systems that calm the body and tap into creative problem solving.

Additionally, collage making meets emotional needs, providing the artist a tool to identify and express feelings and life experiences. By making a collage, people do not have to be emotionally constipated. It provides provides a way to put into the world events that are too hard or possibly even unsafe to speak out loud. The benefit of the symbolic representation of a feeling is that the creator can express, see and share that feeling in a collage.


Interesting?


 

 
 
 
A fun 1-1/2 minute video, paper toyshere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Red-eared Firetail

 
 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 


 

 
 


 

 
 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

john said...

Tulips are my favorite flower. Your gift is lovely. :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

Your blogs are always so fun!. The art, the food, the videos, the funnies. Today my 4 year old grand daughter has a running nose so she is spending the day with her grammy. We watched those pop-up toys at least 10 times, and always with a laugh.
Thank you.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! Me too.
Wishing you a great weekend in your creative cabin ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol, I am so glad you liked the blog today, and that your granddaughter enjoyed the video, your feedback helps me fuel me on! Have a great weekend!

elenor said...

Visiting your blog is like getting the most wonderful magazine possible. I look forward to reading it every day and I'm never disappointed. Thanks, Jacki!
Have a great weekend!

jacki long said...

Oh thanks so much, Elenor. I doubt if you realize how mush your kind words spur me on. Have TERRIFIC WEEKEND! (caps unintentional, bu appropriate?)