Monday, February 7, 2022

Day 3459: Winter Olympics.

 

"BFF": photo, collage & digital.
 




Want music?




Click here for Michael McDonald, Ain't No Mountain High
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update ...

I have been watching the Winter Olympic Sports. 
 
 
I never tire of watch fit young bodies in action, produced by the endless work and preparation. 
 

I don't have any expertise with most, however I did ski one day, falling down on the bunny slope. And, I have tried ice skating at different ages along the way. But, that doesn't stop me from enjoying even the intense focus in curling! 

 

Off course, I love to watch the skating, to the extent that friends Carole and Valerie often call or text me when it is on tv. I remember being with my Uncle Max (my Dad's younger brother) when we were at an ice rink in San Francisco. I was so impressed by the skating, but he said, "it's just showing off". Funny how often I think of that.


I guess any of us, who don't have the knowledge, or put in the long hours, and even years of training, might dismiss what we can't do, or, we can be in awe.

 

I have also been so impressed by the facilities for each event. Did you notice in the snowboarding event they have a take off ramp call the Great Wall and it is shaped as such. 

 


In fact, I am probably missing something great right now, as I write. All for now.

 

 

 
 
A 3-minute video, We are the Championhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Elegant Woodpecker

 
 


Smiles for Monday ...
 
 


 

 
 


 

 


 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Such pretty young women and you made them looking even better.
The photographs of the Olympic Games are wonderful. Everything is exciting to watch.
Jacki, tomorrow is your next training? I'm sure you will enjoy it.

john said...

Just plain YUP! It works all around :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, your Austrians are doing so well. I just watched the skating which was exciting to me. Yes, I trained today and am so tired, even after a nap! ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! ;o)