Sunday, February 20, 2022

Day 3472: Four-legged Visitors!

 

 

"Bougainvillea": digital photography

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Four Tops, Ain't No Woman ...
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Update ...

Saturday's are a lazy day for me, 
 

I usually have nothing scheduled and have been known to stay in bed way beyond what Aunt Martha would have called a respectable hour. But not today, or tomorrow either, because my grand-dogs are coming! They will spend six boring hours with me in my tiny condo. They will have food, water and me, not as good as at home. But, at home there will be people in and out for an open house. Yes, they are selling the house on the hill!

 


So, in preparation, I got up at an earlier, decent hour and went to the grocery store for some necessities. It is a beautiful day out today.  Beautiful blue skies, no clouds. 


So at 10 am Grandhunk #1 brought the anxious dogs to Grandma's. Laker, at 10 is easy and doesn't mind my slower pace, but Zoey is still 50% puppy at four years, so I will have to bore her into the submission of laying around. It will work out, I can make it, I tell myself. I have a tiny 10'x60' yard, but to Zoey that will seem like a postage stamp.

 


Laker seemed to think he was on duty, so every passerby, and especially if they had a dog, caused Laker to bark and Zoey to chime in. In between they settled down and napped briefly.

 


 At 4 pm, GH#1 returned to pick up the dogs. They were glad to see him and to go home. I walked them out and got photos's in the truck.

 



To be continued, tomorrow.

 

 
 
 
A sweet 5+minute video, Life is Greathere.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
 Gang-gang Cockatoo


 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 




 
 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.


5 comments:

john said...

Bougainvillea is another favorite of mine. I love the vibrance that you achieved. Lovely! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, bougainvillea are another of my favorite too. Easy blookmers!
And, they have such a great variety of colors!

elenor said...

Here winters are too cold to have bougainvillea in the garden. You have to grow them in pots which have to stay inside during winter. I can remember when I saw bougainvillea for the first time and I was impressed by the many blooms in these wonderful colors.
Have a good start into the next week, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes bougainvillea are beasy to grow here in So Cal, as we rarely get cold enough to freeze, except up in the neaeby mountains. I love their vibrant colors, and that they are so hardy. I am not fond of "high maintenance" flowers! ;o)

SlocombesOut&About said...

Sounds like you might have your hands full with Zoey & Laker. Our daughter and son-in-law have Ozzie & Lilly. We've sat with them for hours at a time, they were pretty patient with us.