Friday, February 4, 2022

Day 3456: Timothy.

 

 

"Timothy": old school photo, collage & digital.





Want music?




Click here for Suzanne Vega, Tom's Diner.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S ...

It's Olympic time again. Winter Olympics from Beijing! I have already watched Nathan Chen win the short program, in the team competition.


Before the serious business of figure skating starts next week, the Olympics is having the skaters offer a preview of what’s to come after Friday’s opening ceremony. Friday is the opening ceremonies to the start of the Olympics, I'll be watching that too.

 

 
A repeat ...

Time for another quick Dad story?
He always said he had the best childhood.
Later he lived through the depression & was forever frugal. He never smoked or drank, was strict & beyond thrifty. I never heard him swear except once, when he was teaching me to drive & I popped the clutch! He had wanted a boy, but got me. He always called me Jack.


Father's Day, 1975, Yorba Linda, CA



Dad had lots of stories & loved telling them.
What was really amazing was that he told them word for word, with pauses in the same spot every time. He loved having a new listener, a new audience. People always seemed enthralled. We had heard them a lot. Sometimes he would ask if we had hear this one? If we said yes, he would say, "well here it comes again." Many stories featured his travels, or well known celebrities.



Dad, age 80, Kong Kong, 1990


This picture was taken on a junk in Hong Kong Harbor. I don't think I ever saw him happier.
And yes, a lot of stories were told. 



 

 
 
 
A  great 4-1/2-minute video, Koi fish, here.


 
Just because ...
 
Madagascar Red Fody


 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 


 



 



 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

6 comments:

Lydia said...

I would have loved to hear some of your dad's stories. What a blessing you had for a dad. I had a wonderful dad too. Thanks for sharing.

jacki long said...

Thanks Lydia, I do think there is usually a special bond between a daughter and her Dad?

elenor said...

What a sweet little boy Timothy is. He seems to be curious and interested and he looks as if he was asking me something.
Jacki, it makes my heart smile to see your father so proud of you in the first photograph and so absolutely happy in the second one.
Have a fine weekend!

john said...

You just know how to embellish vintage photos…so successful! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor! Timothy was one of my Aunt Vonda's students
and he does have a great face, right? Thanks for your kind words, Happy weekend!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. He was fun to play with. Happy "Cabining"!!