Monday, December 16, 2019

Day 2698: Finally ...





"Why You?": junk maol collage.






Want music?

 




Click here for Michael Jackson, Butterflies.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






Finally, I am getting my few special Christmas ornaments in place.
They have been down from their perch since last Monday,
when GH#1 came by to help me. I just today got busy.
During the young WonderWoman years & 
33 years of married life, the holiday decor was in full tilt.

Big tree, lights, too many ornaments ... excess.

Later, I handed down all the good stuff to WW & family.

Now it's ...




My precious little tree. Perfect. I heard a personality saying
you could tell so much about a person by the tree selection. 
I thought about mine, yes, perfect!
Bought at an art fair years ago, it's just under 12 inches.
Minimal is an overstatement?


                      
My 4" Japanese Santa from high school best friend 
                        Karen Tamura, almost 60+ years ago.



                   The ancient door decor with bells and an angel of me.


Christmas cactus in full bloom at the front door.


My Grandmother's 4" high nativity, 100+ years old.


My 1" high wooden Christmas train a gift from Colin Morris,  
                                      over 30 years ago.




An antique steel car ornament by artist Sherry Goodloe, 2014.


A 28" primitive canvas angel,  
that watches over the studio 
year-round.















Daruma, a new Daruma doll 
comes without the eyes painted.   
This tradition of painting the Daruma 
eyes is symbolic in Japanese culture. 
The doll is a representation of Daruma (Bodhidharma) who founded Zen Buddhism around the 5th century. The story goes, Daruma meditated against a wall for 9 years and as a result, his arms and legs fell off from atrophy. This is why the doll does not have arms and legs. There is a weight placed in the bottom of the doll so when it falls over it stands right back up every time. This is symbolic of the saying, Nana Karobi Ya Oki  (Fall down 7 times, get up 8). When starting a new goal, one eye is painted in while making a wish. By looking at only the one eye painted, one is reminded of the goal they wished for.  Once that goal is realized,
the second eye is painted to represent the accomplishment.






 I am just beginning to work on wrapping a few gifts.


























TMI?

The kicker is ... I love my smaller take on the season.
It takes an hour to put up and takedown.

What do you think?
 
Are you ready for a Merry Christmas!










A smile or two for Monday ...







1 comment:

john said...

I love how you titled this piece. Perfect to come from the work itself! :-)