Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Day 2713: What could go wrong?






"Bowers": photography, color, photoshop.









Want music?

 




Click here for Playing for Change, Guantanamera
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






This will be the story of a lady who ordered a 
cashmere top & pants from China. 



What could go wrong?
The attraction is slick photography and a reasonable price. 
The drawback is very slow arrival time.
Typically, by the time it arrives, you have forgotten the order. 
 


I had ordered size large even though I can wear a medium, 
to allow for tinier Chinese sizes. The time comes to try on.
The pants fit but with no extra room, at all. Next, the top. 
I was determined even though it seemed way too snug.
I pulled the long tunic into place and checked the mirror.
It was, in effect, a tourniquet. I started taking it off.
I need to mention both shoulders are destined for surgery.
The right, in particular, is painful, in need of cortisone. (1/16)
I pulled it 3/4 up but it was so tight, it was stuck.
A precarious situation, at best. I live alone, so no rescue in sight.
I finally called WonderWoman.  I said, "Hi, what are you doing"? 


She said she and Superman were on their way to lunch.
I explained my dilemma and heard SM laughing.
They made a mercy detour, arriving in 15 minutes.
Luckily SM stayed in the car, as it was not a pretty sight.
Wonderwoman had me raise my arms and with 
her WW strength pulled it up and over my head.
Freedom.







A smile for Tuesday ...





1 comment:

john said...

You are so lucky to have Wonder Woman and Superman in your life. You were saved and your blood flow returned to normal! I really like how you framed the image. It has a vintage look. :-)