Monday, December 9, 2019

Day 2691: Confessions of a first time Santa.






Arlene: acrylic, quick brush sketch









Want music?

 




Click here for Sam Cooke, Unchained Melody.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








Confessions of a first time Santa.



Saturday, Ann and I attended the Nakamura party,
after an afternoon concert at the La Mirada Playhouse.
It was totally unexpected when Susan Nakamura asked 
me if I would be Santa? I asked if guys wouldn't be better?
She said she had no takers? I thought for a minute and said okay.
In thirty minutes I was upstairs adding a Santa suit over my own. 
It was a deluxe costume with a beautiful beard, hair & hat.


It was fun high-fiving kids in the restaurant as I returned to the party room. I was being looked at as a different person. 



And, a popular one at that. Fun.



The older kids were more eager, they knew a gift was coming.


The little ones were curious, or leery. Who was this guy? 
Wasn't Santa a tall guy? One 3 years old refused to come to Santa.


The adults kindly welcomed Santa. See more pics here.
I've thought about it several times today & smiled each time.






Just because ...













A smile for Monday ...




2 comments:

Betty Cotton said...

Great fun Jackie!

john said...

I would know those Santa eyes anywhere. Fun! Arlene looks like she knows her own mind. :-)