Monday, December 23, 2019

Day 2705: Ibid, indeed.





"ibid": junk mail collage, acrylic & digital.








Want music?

 




Click here for Bill Withers, Aint No Sunshine
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








My parents moved to Hollywood when I was 6 months old, 
in search of the California dream. They had friends and 
relatives already there. Lured from the Indiana cold winters 
and snow to the land of fresh oranges, palm trees, and sunshine. 
I think a big percentage of our California population was lured 
by the Rose Parade, and by people watching on tv, 
with cold weather or snow outside?

At the corner of Riverside Drive and Los Feliz Boulevard 
in Los Feliz, spitting distance from the Los Angeles River, 
you’ll find a shrine to the “Father” of L.A.’s water system, 
William Mulholland – built approximately on the site 
where Mulholland once lived in a cabin, working as a 
water laborer (technically a ditch-tender) and 
taught himself to be a civil engineer. 
William Mulholland Memorial Fountain
William Mulholland Memorial Fountain | Sandi Hemmerlein

From a little girl, I was always fascinated by a local landmark
the Jesus Fountain. They say I named it that when very young.
I didn't know it was the William Mulholland Memorial Fountain.

William Mulholland Memorial Fountain | Sandi Hemmerlein
From as long as I can remember, if we were even getting near the fountain, I would perk up and watch as we passed until it was out of sight. It's still there and when I'm near it's in the crosshairs.




Just because ...

Quetzal, Cartago



A smile for Monday ...





1 comment:

john said...

I like the darkness and boldness of this piece. :-). It makes the colors almost iridescent.