Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Day 4139: Henderson and Apple.

 

"The Divide": junk mail collage, digital.



  


Want music?

    Click here: DeBarge, Love Me in a Special Way.


 

2GN2S


I am home from ten days in Henderson, NV, being spoiled by WonderWoman and Superman and the three offspring, the Grandhunks. It was great to be all together. It used to be easy, when we all lived closer, and took it for granted. It was good to see the Super-heroes dog, Zoey too.
 
Zoey, photo by WW
 
They walk her 2-1/2 miles every early morning, but that may be moved to later soon, as it is really cold and will be getting colder. I got to go to their church twice since I had two Sundays. It's always special but the Christmas service was spectacular. We take up a whole row, with our six, GH#1's girlfriend and her family. When I am there, I am spoiled ridiculously, great meals, my own suite, daily laundry, the worlds best mattress, and my favorite people, like being at a spa.

I rode home Tuesday with Grandhunk #2, Jake. We had heavy traffic, a 3-1/2 hour drive, for us was a 4-1/2 hour drive. It is great to be home, I have an empty refrigerator which I will shop for today. I had my mail held for ten days, so it will be delivered today in one big chunk.


For you that follow the silly blog, I again apologize, I was going crazy trying to use this laptop as it was definitely haunted. It wouldn't let me use the upper symbols, it would take part of a sentence and insert it in a different place, and more. WonderWoman drove me to Summerlin's Apple Store. 

 I had am appointment, so an older gentleman (younger than me) helped me. 


He was amazed, and said he had never seen what was going on with my used-to-be-sweet laptop, never in his 30 years experience. After trying many fixes, none of which worked, he consulted his boss and it was determined that Max, my errant laptop, would have to be sent away. He was to be sent to Tennessee for rehab. Apple is amazing, and thankfully, I have Apple Care, which will expire soon and I must get it renewed. I was in the store on the 20th when Apple mailed Max, I got constant updates, and received Max at WW's house on the 23rd. I hadn't anticipated that all the apps would have to be updated to make sure it was me, which meant remembering passwords from 4 + years ago? Thank goodness the Grandhunks are all pretty tech-y and they helped me, sometimes with a new password. TMI??  There's more and pictures, but I have gone on too long.


 
 

  
 
A 3+ minute video, Dear Alice,  here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

red-tailed hawk

Tuesday's Smiles ...  




 

     


 



   



  






4 comments:

elenor said...

How wonderful to have you back, Jacki.
I'm glad you had such happy days with family. I know you enjoyed each minute there, being grateful for it.
Looking forward to your next blog.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Still having a few problem signing on to apps I already had, FB is giving me a substitute with so many people I don't know? Hope your Christmas was wonderful as well and your healthy, happy new year in 2024.

john said...

It takes a village when technology is involved. Glad you had the best. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I missed it.