Thursday, December 14, 2023

-Day 4133 - Grandmasters and Engine

Duty - junk mail collage


 
 

Want music?

    Click here: Big Mountain, 

                    Baby I Love Your Way.                                                                                                        

 

2GN2S
 
 The Indian siblings taking the chess world by storm

In the last decade, few have fit the chessprodigy descriptor as well as India's Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa. He was 10 years old when he became the then-youngest International Master, the second-highest title after Grandmaster. here

He became the second-youngest Grandmaster in 2018, defeated five-time world champion Magnus Carlsen three times in a row in online games, and is only the second Indian after Viswanathan Anand to make a World Cup final and qualify for the Candidates tournament.

 Another chess-playing member of his family diligently awaited her turn - Praggnanandhaa's sister Vaishali, who is four years older and the third-ever female Grandmaster after Koneru Humpty and Harika Dronavalli. It also makes the Chennai siblings the first Grandmaster brother-sister pair in history. 

 


As I sit here this morning, I am waiting for the engines to fire up. I look to the right and see the sun hitting on my tiny yard ...
  

and to the left ...

Late last night, actually early this morning, I decided to do some quick, easy collages. They were neither quick nor easy.


So now I have a mess to clean up, this studio is so tiny, I have to clean up in order to start the next job.
and I do have a lot of work to do before Saturday, and so I begin, engines sputtering.
 
 
 
 
 
Throwback Thursday
 
 

Demura Sensei relaxing at Mark Martinez's first house, Santa Ana, CA,  1981
 
 

 

  
 
A 5 minute video, Procrastination, here.
 
 
 
Just because ...
 
White-crested Helmet Shrike

 


 
Thursday's Smiles ...
 
  






  
 
 
   




 


5 comments:

elenor said...

It may happen that collages are done quickly and easily, but mine more often are not. I always have to tell myself it's not about the result but about the play - but honestly, who doesn't want a good result? So the only important thing is that it gives me peace and makes me happy.
Thanks for your prayers, Jacki. I so appreciate your kindness.
Let's hope for the best.

jacki long said...

thanks again for your strong support, that helps me more than you may realize.

john said...

Trying to figure out the red above the blue. Hmm? Great texture. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenoe. I believe art should be fun, and so an excellent Rx when needed?

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. It's more of the dis-similar contrast, it often works?