Thursday, November 23, 2023

Day 4112: TBT and Happy Thanksgiving!

 


I am so blessed & thankful for family, friends 
and also for you & your patience with this silly blog. I appreciate you & wish you ... your best Thanksgiving ever, so far.

 
 
 

Want music?

    Click here: Temptations, My Girl.


 

Throwback Thursday
 
 

Norm Besterling, Eliza Higuchi, Dwight Loamyesva
Temple, Yokohama, Japan, 1980.
Photo by Demura Sensei




 I, like 50,000+ others, subscribe & get a newsletter Friday from

usually 10 things he wants to share & I do look forward to it.

Austin Kleon
writer/artist living in Austin, Texas

 "I love it when I see knitters out in the world, knitting. I like to imagine that they’re knitting something for someone: a scarf for their sick friend, maybe, or a blanket for a baby who hasn’t been born.

Whenever I get stuck lately, I’ll make a robot for my son. (Here’s another one.) Just a silly little something. And when I give it to him, I remember that, sure, the gift is in the giving, but the gift is really in the making.

Making something for somebody — is there anything simpler and more likely to get one unstuck?"

Austin Kleon
 
 

  
 
A 5+ minute video, Cenote, here.
 
 
 
Just because ...
 
Turkey

  


Thursday's Smiles ...
 







 





 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jacki-san Jo-Ann & Jim

elenor said...

Now I subscribed to the newsletter from Austin Kleon because I loved the thoughts you shared about making gifts. I too love making something for somebody - friends, my children and grandchildren - but it never occurred to me how much the gift is in the making. I love this idea.

Thanks Jacki for your kind response to my yesterday's comment. I read your answers every day and I'm so grateful you take the time to write them. Thanks again.
Happy Thanksgiving!

jacki long said...

Thank you Anonymous/Canada, at least you gave me a country? ;o)
Happy Thanksgiving Anonymous/Canada, do you celebrate it?

jacki long said...

Thanks so much-Ann and Jim!A terrific, healthy Thanksgiving to you and your whole beautiful family!

jacki long said...

Thank you dear Elenor, Happy Thanksgiving, do you celebrate it?Yes, I mean to reply daily, but sometimes I get behind?