Saturday, November 25, 2023

Day 4114 -2: Bird skills and Procrastination.

 

1. Go to the woods. 2. Get a cone.🌲
3. Put the cone in a pot so that most of it is out.
4.  Every day pour insmall amount of water, as excess water makes the cones rot.5. After some time, a tiny tree will appear.6. Congratulations it just started oxygen production & you have a little forest  at home.
 
Photo and project from Linda A Hughes

 

Want music?

    Click here: My Sweet Lord


 

2GN2S
 
I posted a video on FB today that I had forgotten, (here). I found it cute, then sweet, then touching. The bird was tearing newspaper to make feathers. The lady who posted the video originally labeled it "her love bird didn't like her short tail."

It seems most of us think we are either too much or not enough. There was a time years ago when I added eyelashes, (now the rage again) and even acrylic nails. One time ... a hairpiece! I guess I am not so different than that bird.
 



Remember my desk last night, here? 
Well, here it is today ...


Actually, worse. Did I mention that I am a ... highly skilled procrastinator?
I realize that it's not something worthy of bragging rights, but ... I am skilled at it!

I've always been a last minuter. It started in college.


Where I always got things done, but at the very last possible moment. 
Sunday at church, the message was the evils of procrastination.My family looked down the row at me and smiled. The pastor too. 
I am better than I used to be, but I still have a long way to go.

One advantage: WonderWoman is not a procrastinator!As a child she saw me and decided she didn't want the stress. Smart. 

 
 

  
 
A 1+ minute video, relaxing, here.
 
 
 
Just because ...
 
 


 
Saturday's Smiles ...
 



    


  



  




 
 
 

 

 


6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

I tried this project with my grandchildren without success. But after seeing your post, I will try again.

Looks to me like you are still not back to your normal self. Me neither. Whatever this stuff is, it takes it's sweet(or not so sweet) time. I woke up this morning feeling better, for a whole hour. Now I am on my way back to bed for a bit.

Anonymous said...

love you

john said...

I had never seen a pine grow out of the cone like this. Amazing!

jacki long said...

THANKS CARROL. I HAVE NEVER TRIED IT, BUT WOULD LIKE TO,
I GOT SICK 11/11/23 AND AM STILL NOT 100PER CENT. I PUSH TO GO ERRANDS ETC, AND THEN COME HOME EXHAUSTED.

jacki long said...

ANONYMOUS, YOU ARE NEEDING TO GIVE SOME CLUE. PLEASE.

jacki long said...

ME EITHER, JOHN, BUT I LIKE IT A LOT.