Friday, November 10, 2023

Day 4105: Afro-beat Art and Paper Cut.

    

"Battle":  junk collage, digital.


 

Want music?

    Click here: Jackson 5, Let Me Show You

 


2GN2S ... 

 Afro-beats star on a mission to raise the profile of African art

Kenyan artist Alpha ODG's 2023 work "Advice" was created after listening to the single on repeat for a week.
 


  It was a painting in the lobby of a Benin hotel last year that changed the way Afro-beats star Mr Eazi thought about art. “I saw this piece by (Benin-based artist) Patricorel of two skeletons sitting on a bench,” 

"Legalize" by Benin-based artist Patricorel.

 the 32-year-old Nigerian music star said in an interview via Zoom. “For me, it was striking because as soon as I saw it, I just knew it was about love… (and the idea of) ‘til death do us part. And I realized that visual arts could really represent the emotions in (my) songs.” The encounter kick-started a desire in Mr Eazi (born Oluwatosin Oluwole Ajibade) to take listeners “beyond music,” and create a “multi-sensory experience” for his next album.

Elangwe Sesse's piece titled "The Way I See It."
 

And the possibilities for collaborations across mediums to maximize reach and impact are proving to be endless. “It’s an ecosystem,” Mr Eazi summarises. “African music should be in African film and African art with African music… That’s culture, that’s the flood. Hitting people in life with unabashed, undiluted Africanness and pride and that’s what excites me about this collaboration.”

 
For entire article, here
 



 A paper cut, you forget about it until

 you have one!

 
  
Picture a heavy fancy paper envelope. You slide you finger underneath the fold to open. You continue to slide along till you come to a stop readjusting the finger position to proceed and promptly feel pain, the dreaded paper cut.Instant sharp pain, then gone and an urgent reach for a tissue to stop the blood.
Then you hunt for a band aid.
And then it's over. 
A mini happening.


TMI? 



 

 
A 1+ minute video, cat conversation, here.


 
Just because ...

Yellow-billed Hornbill


Friday's Smiles ...
  








  


 

 

 

6 comments:

Sam Zimmerman said...

I absolutely HATE paper cuts. I get a momentary flutter in the pit of my stomach that I've never even gotten when I've cut myself with a knife. It's never a grievous wound, but I think the unexpectedness leads to the feelings of dread and hatred because, in my brain, paper shouldn't hurt.

elenor said...

Really loved each word in this blog again, Jacki.
I literally can see the battle going on in your collage. When will this finally stop?
Wishing us a peaceful weekend!

jacki long said...

Hi Sam, thanks, I agree totally.
Hope you RE FEELING HEALTHY & HAPPY.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenoe! I'm afraid the clowns are running the show??

john said...

Love the reds. :-)

jacki long said...

THANKS, JOHN. I LIKE YOUR FEEDBACK.