Sunday, October 1, 2023

Day 4065: New Book and a Memory.

     

"Emotion": junk mail collage


 

Want music?

    Click here: E.W& F, September.

 


2GN2S ... 

I am liking my new book that WonderWoman sent to me

I really like it ...
and I am 1/3 through. Have you read it?


 


 

 A flashback ...

Six years ago Grandhunk #1 called and asked me if I wanted to join him on a fieldwork trip for his anthropology class. Didn't matter the reason, a YES was always ready.


 
Then he said it was to Olvera Street, and I said
"Is the Pope Catholic? OF COURSE!"
 
 
So he picked me up @10 & off to LA.
 
Once parked at Olvera Street, it's really another world.



Full of sparkling colors and treats.
Treasures galore.
Toys & more.




Gifts, big and tiny ...




Something for everyone, girls & boys ...




Eye candy everywhere ...



Hard not to come home with something?




There is the city, beautiful Los Angeles.


LA City Hall in the distance

The still present flavor of Old California.



With City Hall in the background. ...

LA City Hall in the distance







And some graffiti on the way home.





Three hours to treasure. I was there when he was born ... and I love him endlessly.




Jordan's got clout! That's a popular term that only the hippest Grandma's know! 
 
 

 

 
A 6-minute video, fun animation, here.


 
Just because ...

  

Purple-crested Turaco


Sunday's Smiles ...
   

  
     

   
 
   
 


 
 
 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Love, loved all the beautiful colors that you captured in the trip 6 years ago. That made me want to get in the car a visit there.

Looking forward to seeing you in person at the Senior Center in Huntington Beach on November 1 2023. Please tell all your blog friends that they are invited and that it is free and open to the public. I can't wait1

elenor said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely memories with us. Especially the portrait on the end is fabulous. How do always say, Jacki? Grandchildren are priceless? It's such a gift to have them in our lives.
I love "emotions". For me it expresses rather mixed feelings. Did I get it right?
Have a good new week, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Carrol. I am still trying to figure out what I will demo, but I will demo!
I have heard that Olvrera Street is no the same, evidently LA's homeless are there too.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, you always get it right!

john said...

When I first looked at your piece I thought it was a shoe or a foot. What a good surprise that it was emotion. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I am attracted to the minimal collages.