Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Day 4088: DeLorean and Toast.


"Things Happen": photos, digital.

 

Want music?

    Click here: Shawn Mendez, Senorita


2GN2S ... 

    

Ever since its appearance in the "Back to the Future" franchise, the DeLorean has been a cult classic for car lovers. The futuristic (well, for the time) sports car featured in the “Back to the Future” franchise is a DeLorean DMC-12 specifically, manufactured for just three years from 1981-1983. Given its rarity, you can imagine the excitement when one of the exact models was found in a Wisconsin barn with just 977 miles.

 

Michael McElhattan and Kevin Thomas of auto restoration company DeLorean Midwest bought the car from its original owner and are stoked to refurbish it and get it back on the road.  McElhattan said the parts are what really captivated him about the find. Nothing has been changed about the car — even down to the original tires. “It’s literally like a time machine in that way, traveling back to 1981 when it was manufactured,” he said.  Fitting, isn't it? 

Read the whole story here.


 

Last Friday, Valerie and I met at Toast, as her belated birthday lunch. We ate there a year ago for my birthday lunch. Their food is amazing and they are only open 8-3 PM. Valerie chose GRILLED AVOCADO SALAD soy glaze, baby kale, arugula, pomegranate, fuji apple, roasted cherry tomato, parmesan, soy pickled fennel, champagne vinaigrette, and a Passion Fruit Lavender Soda.

 I chose the SOBA NOODLE SALAD green tea soba noodles, bell peppers, red cabbage, carrot, yuzu pickled onion, cilantro, edamame, almonds, fried shallots, peanut jalapeño dressing, and a Guava Lime Soda. So good!



 
 
A 3 minute video, great dog rescued, here.


 
Just because ...
 
Temminck's Sunbird


  An invitation for you

18041 Goldenwest St, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
photo by Dan Kee
 

I have been asked to do an art demo for the Huntington Beach Art League on Wednesday, November 1st. So I working hard working on that. It will be at beautiful HB Senior Center on Goldenwest off of the 405 freeway. It starts at 7 PM and done by 8:15, I think. HBAL asked to to post it on my blog and invite anyone that is interested. It free, you don't have to be a member to attend. It's a great group, I've been a member since 1999. I will be working with about 6+ messed-up canvases and try to finish or at least improve them. To show the recycle of canvases using gesso, collage and acrylic.
 


Tuesday's Smiles ...
    

   

   

   



 

 


6 comments:

Irene Rafael said...

Hello Jacki, I love to seeing when a dog is rescued. I believe that they do know when they are saved. I always felt that from mine. Your Toast lunch looks amazing and I'm sure you enjoyed your visit with Valerie. Your presentation to the group is going to be a huge success. I wish it were held during the day so I could participate. Best of luck. I know you'll do a great job. xo

elenor said...

I wish I could be there on Nov 1st. It's a pity that's so far away.
Kind greetings, Jacki!

Carrol Wolf said...

Thanks for posting the info on your Nov. 1, demo. We are looking forward to it, and it will be a pleasure just to see you in person too. I do miss the Catalyst classes: so fun!

jacki long said...

Thank Carrol, I will post the invitation everyday through Nov.1st. I"ll be so glad to see you soon!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Irene. Yes, the demo went well and was funny. 11 people went home with a canvas!

jacki long said...

I wisg=h t=you could have been there, there were a lot of laughs + GH#2 !!!