Friday, October 20, 2023

Day 4084: PebblePicasso and Journal stuff.

"Orders": junk collage, digital.



 

Want music?

    Click here: Jack Johnson, Better Together

 


2GN2S ... 

“Pebble Picassos”: Artist Creates Intricate, Ephemeral Portraits With Stones


For the past five years, British artist Justin Bateman has been creating intricate portraits out of pebbles and stones. His work is striking in its level of detail and scale, with pieces ranging in size from 10 square feet to over 80. And aside from a few permanent commissions, they’re all ephemeral — arranged on beaches and forest clearings. It wasn’t a medium he set out to master, but it’s since become something of a calling: To date, he’s made 120 works of art using over 1 million stones. 

“I had no intention to make this many, but as soon as I decide to take a break, a new one starts to play on my mind,” Bateman, 47, wrote in a statement shared with Nice News. He added, “The world is a collection of masterpieces, waiting to be assembled.”

* To read more and see the great 1+minute video, here

*  For more photos, PebblesPicasso on Instagram here 


 

Journal stuff ...


I used to journal daily, now this blog is daily and the journal is more like weekly. This one, from 2012, was small. I did a collage on the left and writing on the right.

Usually abstract, using junk mail, this one had potential. So I played with it..
I am particularly fond of a 4x4" square format
version A 

version B

version C
       Second selection from the top, rotated.
The same, filtered. The possibilities are endless. It is handy to have 117 journals to pick through,when time hasn't allowed time for my artwork lately.
 
 

 
 
A 4+ minute video, Spy in the Ocean, here.


 
Just because ...
 
Zebra Dove


Friday's Smiles ...
 

 
   

   

  

  


 

 

2 comments:

elenor said...

I can't guess how many journals you already created, Jacki! They are real treasures. And I love how you played with this collage. Thanks for showing what's possible. My favorite is version B. Did you guess?
Tomorrow is family day. Long awaited. I'm so looking forward to seeing my loved ones.
Wishing you a happy weekend too!

jacki long said...

Thanks you Elenor, Have a wonderful time with family, its so magically precious .