Saturday, October 7, 2023

Day 4071: the Worlds and GH#3.

      

"Before": junk & tissue collage


 

Want music?

    Click here: Judith Hill, 

The Way You Make Me Feel.

 


2GN2S ... 

 
Simone Biles wins 20th World Championships gold medal as US women’s team takes seventh successive title
     




         










The 26-year-old was the final member of the US team to compete in the floor section knowing that a big performance would clinch another gold medal for herself and her teammates. Video & info. here. 

 


 

 A mentioned here, GH#3 turned 23 yesterday and I made a card for him and took a few pictures as I made it. The heavy, textured paper was 6 x 20" and perfect for a exaggerated sketch of Zack.

    I knew I wanted huge shoulders and ridiculous long legs. Layers of junk mail were used so far. I was working on positioning the legs to allow for shoes.

Close-up of 3 pieces that made the t-shirt.


Tissue paper for the arms, face and neck. Two long, even strips of junk mail for the long legs.

 
Marker for drawing the tennis shoes, tissue paper on shoes mismatched socks.
 

Pretty much everything ... unless I add on?


His hair is junk mail, as are the pants. I used marker to draw the face and shoes. I forgot to take a photo of the finished card, but I think you will get the idea?

 Th 20' card folds in half, then half again into 4 folds.

And, easily fits in a 5x7" envelope.


It would have been cheaper to get Hallmark or dollar store, but the boys like homemade. Good thing.

 

 
 
 
A 3 minute video, Monstro , here.


 
Just because ...
 

Inca Jay


Friday's Smiles ...
 
  

   

 
   

    


 

 



5 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

What a delight: this blog. Your graphic is bright and colorful: a good way to start any day. Simon is amazing and bravo to her.

The card is stellar, and as the mastercard ad says: "priceless".

And I am wondering if that girl who changed the old gold fish so much, might want to take on an old lady? LOL!

Have a great weekend, my friend.

elenor said...

Like Carrol I enjoyed everything in this blog, Jacki. Special thanks for the step-by-step. Thanks for the collage too. And for the 2GN2S story which is wonderful.

jacki long said...

Thank you Carrol, I am always so grateful to hear from you.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I like the collage too, and WW said GH#3 almost cried when he saw it.

john said...

Love the birthday card step by step. Lucky Grandhunk. :-)