Friday, February 17, 2023

Day 3836: Ice rink and lunch.


"Desperation": junk mail collage, photo,digital.

 

 


Want music?




Click here: H.E.R. The Best Part
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 

2GN2S 

 

4.8 miles

 

 

That's the length of the world's largest outdoor ice rink. The Rideau Canal Skateway in Ottawa, Canada is an UNESCO World Heritage Sight, typically sees more than a million visitors each year. This year, however, the rink may be closed for the entire season due to a lack of ice caused by warmer temperatures.

Guiness confirmed the Rideau Canal Skateway is the largest naturally frozen ice rink, and sees more than a million visitors each year.

Over 1 million take advantage of this skateway.


 
A professional team checks the ice, hoping to be able to open,


Wow!two Fridays in a row, I am so blessed.

   
About noon, they both arrived and we talked then decided where to eat, and we decided on ...
 
.for lunch at 12:45. I think we got the last open table. The guys had buffalo wings and fries as an appetizer, for the meal, One had their Longboard burger, and one had a Chopped salad, and one had Chicken tortilla soup. Everything was good! Guess who had what?I had my phone with me but all that time I didn't think of photos??
 
We came home and the guys weren't in a hurry so we sat and laughed for an hour. Zack and were sitting on the lumpy couch that has a history.

 
 
It's not too old, but definitely well worn.
My nice leather couch is a hand me down from
WonderWoman and Superman. When the Grandhunks were little they ran & jumped there.You can almost see the dents from their knees. Lumpy but precious to me and the Grandhunks..
 
I did get Jake (GH#2) to shoot a picture of we three, before they left for home at 2:30.
 

   


 
 
A  2+minute video, Stilt Fishershere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Golden Palm Weaver


 


Smiles for Saturday ...
   

 
   

   



 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...



 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Your very last photo showed a real hero! This man, who may have been tired from working all day, never the less, takes his time to make a difference. So you see there are angels all around us, if we only take time to look. Thanks for posting: love the grandhunks being so close to you.

elenor said...

Such a sweet pic of you and the boys. Laughing together lets us feel young. The best thing that can happen to us older ladies. A real gift.

john said...

Yes, the man’s face reflects the pain of war. My heart goes out to all the Ukrainians. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks CArrol, yes I agree with you he is a real hero, and I wish there were more.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, yes, we do a lot of laughing, which is so good for everyone. Please have a happy weekend.

jacki long said...

Thank you , John. I agree it's terrible situation, I wish it could stop.