Friday, February 10, 2023

Day 3829: Rhino and a late lunch.


"Violence"(2): ink, acrylics, digital

"Violence": ink, acrylics, digital
            


The bottom work was what I had in my mind, and it came together fairly easily, but then I tried one more, which is #2 above, and it's not as clean, but then war is dirty. Which do you prefer?

 


Want music?




Click here:Aretha Franklin, Spirit in the Dark
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

Travel Photographer of the Year 2022

I'm feeling like that Rhino, and you can be the guy leaning on me if you want? In my search for something too good not to share, I came across these great winning photos ...

The winning photographer is Matjaz Krivic, of Slovenia. He is a documentary photographer capturing long-term stories of people and places. For 25 years he has covered the face of the earth in his intense, personal and aesthetically moving style, portraying poor parts of the world characterized by traditions, social unrest and religious devotion. In recent years he has been focusing on environmental issues and acting as an advocate for a greener future through his work.
 

His work and multimedia projects have been exhibited in galleries, museums, open-air exhibitions in Slovenia and across the world, at international photo festivals like La Gacilly Photo, Les Rencontres d’Arles and Visa pour l’image, and widely published around the world by numerous national and international media outlets including Wired, Boston Globe, Geo, Guardian, Stern, Spiegel, Le Figaro, Le Monde, Newsweek, GQ, Internationale, D-La Repubblica, Wall Street Journal, Forbes and many others. Krivic has won several prestigious awards, including World Press Photo, Picture of the Year International, and Lens Culture – and now Travel Photographer of the Year, a competition he has entered every year since 2003.


I am only posting a few, so if you would like to see more, that's easy, go here.

       



 
On Wednesday, Grandhunk #2 sent me a text...

  

  

  

  

  

One of us had carnitas tacos, and two had the Longboard burger and nachos. Do you know who got what? All had water to drink. I forgot to get food pictures till we were done.

 
Picture #1 but Jake made a face, he told us to take another and do his eyes too, next ...
 

Picture #2, we did as told, Jake didn't, next ...
 
Picture #3, we're slow learners.
It made my day/ week! I am so lucky.

 
 

 
 
A 1+minute video, limb-concentic, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Long Waddle Umbrella Bird

 
 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 


  

 
 
 
  

  




                             Thanks for coming by today ...






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless that Sweet Rino!

elenor said...

Can't decide which one I like better. Both are excellent.
Jacki, it is heartwarming to see you together with your Grandhunks laughing and making fun.
I'm sure it is right that everything happens for a reason.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

jacki long said...

Yes, Thanks Anonymous, I love that Rhino.

jacki long said...

Thanks you, Elenor, I so appreciate that you take the time to comment, your feedback helps me more than you know. Please take good care and have a lovely Sunday!

john said...

All I can say is that Dangerous is powerful! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you John, the splatters of the ink turned into more than I was expecting?