Monday, February 13, 2023

Day 3832: Yabusame and Hearts.

"Uncertainty": torn collage painted papers

 


Want music?




Click here: MAKAHA SONS, I'll Remember You can then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 

2GN2S

Yabusama and the Samurai

For the past 850 years, the Ogasawara family has been teaching the ancient samurai ritual of yabusame—a style of combat involving archery on horseback.  

Kiyomoto Ogasawara is the 32nd generation of the Ogasawara clan to share his knowledge at the school, which currently has about 700 students. By day, Kiyomoto has a demanding career in medicine, but he still finds time to serve as headmaster of the school. For him, there is great satisfaction in providing a place for Japanese people to learn about their cultural identity. See video, here.



I tried to think if I could remember any special Valentine's Day? I couldn't think of any? My significant other, my Mac Pro laptop isn't into flowers or romantic acts, so it's pretty quiet around here. 

Do you have a special Valentine's  Day memory? I hope you'll share with me?

  I am sharing some of my very favorite hearts, all sorts of hearts ... 
 


 
 

 


 





 
 






 
Happy Valentine's Day!
 
 
 

 

 
A 4+minute video, History of Catshere.


 
Just because ...
 
M.red-capped manakin does his signature ‘moonwalk’ dance to a female.

 
 


Smiles for Tuesday ... 
  
   

 
   

 

 
 
  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...



 
 

4 comments:

john said...

I would love to hear a narrative of you and the things you think about when doing a piece of art. What is going on in the mind of Jacki Long as she creates. :-)

elenor said...

Valentine's Day has no tradition here. Only the last maybe 20 or 30 years it got popular with commercial interests. But I think it soon will become part of our lives.
Jacki, I love your collection of all the sweet hearts.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I don't know, I think it's kind of messy in there?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am afraid it is a very commercial holiday. Busineses like it a lot. I do like hearts.