Monday, February 6, 2023

Day 3824: Snow Sculptures and stamp people!

"War": digital collage, photos.

 


Want music?




Click here: O'Jays, Stairway to Heaven
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

The 2023 International Snow Sculpture Championships in Breckenridge.

3 great videos, here


A dozen massive blocks of snow will soon be transformed into intricate works of art by people from all over the world during the 2023 International Snow Sculpture Championships, which begin Monday in Breckenridge.


Twelve teams from across the world will use every hand tool imaginable (no power tools, folks) to sculpt incredible works of art over the next five days before their creations are displayed in historic downtown Breckenridge for Coloradans and tourists alike. There is no cost for entry, but availability is limited.

The 12 teams competing in the International Snow Sculpture Championships this year are: Denmark, Germany, Great Britain,  India – Castillo, Italy, Lithuania, Switzerland, USA – Breckenridge, CO, USA – Vermont, USA – Wisconsin, Snowblind, USA – Wisconsin – Tomczak.
 

There are no cash prizes — the first, second and third place winners each get a medallion, a trophy and a ribbon. The teams will choose their blocks, they'll get all of their tools together, and then they'll begin carving the blocks," Swanson said. "So, the first part really is taking off a lot of big chunks. And then, you know, towards the end of sculpting week to Thursday, really typically on Thursday, is when you start to see these blocks taking their forms."
 
For more information on this event, website here. 



I have been trying to clean up the studio and purge, give away or donate. My problem is I get distracted so easily!

So I came across stamps ...

my old stamp people from 2016 I think?I even taught a class on stamp people and friends


"Edna", stamp, acrylic & collage

They all started with a postage stamp ...
















  playing with papers, markers, acrylics ...

Ma Raney

   
Bessie Smith

Amelia Earhart

it doesn't have to be in proportion ...
(which is a good thing in my case)

Buckminster Fuller


Lucy

Taft
 
 
easy and the only requirement ... having fun!

 

 
 
A 4-minute video, Elephant whispererhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Green-barred woodpecker

 

 


Smiles for Monday ...
 

  

  
 

 
  



  

 
 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...


 

 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Loved the elephant story. I think I had seen it before. But these, as well as many creatures we call wild, can teach us so much if we only take the time to listen. Thanks for posting, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you so much Carrol, I know you are always so busy helping people, I so appreciate your time to comment.

john said...

Strong and bold and dark which is what war is…..very dark and bleak for the people going through it.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yes, I thought it was appropriate, but not my favorite look.

Bea said...

Don’t know if you remember, but I took your stamp people workshop. I then gave a birthday party and taught all of my friends to do the collages with pictures of themselves. It was hugely successful. Lots of fun.

elenor said...

Jacki, when I first saw them I fell in love with your stamp people. Such a good idea to create art with nearly anything.
Jacki, thank you so much for answering each comment. That's so thoughtful and kind.