Sunday, February 5, 2023

Day 3823: Animals and Shadows:


"Endurance": junk mail collage, photos, digital.


 


Want music?




Click here: H.E.R., Daniel Caesar, The Best Part
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

Thank You, Norma!

Just when I thought I didn't have anything for 2GN2S (too good not to share) I got an email with great animal photos from good friend and amazing gourd artist, Norma Prickett

I hope you enjoy the eye candy, no calories.

   

  

    

   

   

    

   

   

   

   


   

   
  (Sorry, I didn't have the photographer's name?)

And a bonus from the photos of the month


Performers with the United Ukrainian Ballet take part in a dress rehearsal at the Kennedy Center in Washington



Today, I looked up, and luckily ...
took time to see the shadows on my wall.




They are there almost daily, but I don't always notice.





That may happen in life too, maybe we miss a lot? But today, I took time to see ...




 It only took a few moments, 
and it seemed especially lovely to me.
I do have more than  my share of bells and windchimes, but they keep evil spirits away and I am taking care of the neighborhood?

I bet you never expected a blog post about shadows?
Neither did I. 



 
 
A sweet 3-minute video, Unlikely friendshere.


 
Just because ...
 
Southern Brown-throated Weaver


 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
  
 
 
 
  



  
 

  
 
  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...


 


6 comments:

john said...

Endurance is an interesting word. I think of the lack of control when I think of that word. That is exactly how the Ukrainians are living not knowing from day to day whether they will be alive or have a roof over their heads.You have chosen a perfect word for your latest piece. :-)

elenor said...

These animal photos are so cute, Jacki. Thanks for sharing.
I also loved to see and read about shadows. Could we say they are art for a moment?

Carrol Wolf said...

One could certainly put some great captions on those animal photos> They are fantastic!. I love the fact that you keep the people of Ukraine always in our minds> They should be.

As for the shadow art: one of the best parts of becoming an artist is seeing the whole world in a different way. We are the lucky ones. I almost cry when I see a young person walking down the street, eyes and mind glued to the image on a cell phone and missing all the beauty that surrounds and protects them.

jacki long said...

Thank you John, I have used the title before, but I guess there isn't a limit? Have an extra good week!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I too enjoyed the animals, amazing photos, I thought. Yes, I do love the shadows, but they appear on sunny days and at different times in each season. And, they disappear within a half hour as the sun moves. Kind of like a timed performance?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Carrol! I am so glad you enjoyed the amazing animal photos, I wish I could have credited him.About the phone, I often wonder if I will live long enough to see we hu,mans morph into humped-back, goose-necked, giant thumb creatures??