Thursday, February 2, 2023

Day 3820: Grubhub and Edna.

 

"Chaos": junk mail collage



Want music?


Click here: Erik Satie, Gnossiennes
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 


2GN2S ...

Michigan six-year-old orders $1,000 worth of food on Grubhub


Six-year-old Mason Stonehouse was playing on his dad’s phone before bedtime and spent about $1,000 on Grubhub orders. The food started coming to the Chesterfield Township family’s home near Detroit around 9 pm Saturday night. And it kept coming.

The Stonehouse family’s Ring camera footage shows delivery after delivery coming to the door. Mason’s dad, Keith, was bewildered – until he figured out what happened. His father tried calling the restaurants to stop the orders once he figured out what had happened, but they told him to contact Grubhub. The leftover food was shared with neighbors and eaten as leftovers.

“I was trying to explain to him that this wasn’t good and he puts his hand up and stops me and says ‘Dad, did the pepperoni pizzas come yet?’ I had to walk out of the room. I didn’t know if I should get mad or laugh.”

Grubhub (GRUB) said the company reached out to the Stonehouse family about their son’s “unexpected spending spree” and offered them $1,000 worth of Grubhub (GRUB) gift cards.

Mason’s parents said they tried to turn the six-year old’s spending spree into a money management teaching moment. They grabbed his piggy bank and started taking money out – a coin for the pizza, a coin for the shrimp and so on.

“It sunk in when we were actually taking his money to teach him a lesson,” said Kristin Stonehouse, Mason’s mother, who told Mason, “We know this money in your piggy bank means something to you … [and] it’s only a fraction of what was spent.”

Mason’s parents said it will take some time before he gets his phone privileges back.


A while back, a reader asked if ...
I had step-by-steps for yesterday's Edna?
Why yes, I do.  And, thanks for asking.

1. ink
Started with heavy watercolor paper postcard, using an ink brush to draw. I know you noticed the unwanted line?

2. watercolor

A quick splash of color from a kids watercolor set and strategic collage placement ...

3. collage

Finished Edna with security envelope liners for the collar, junk mail for the background and homemade collage paper for the hair & bow. And there is still a trace of my mistake?

All this when I should have been working on taxes.
Shhhh don't tell anyone.

 
Throwback Thursday
 
 
 2004 Orange County Fair,
Demura Sensei's Costa Mesa Dojo Demo Team. 
Roy Center, Jared Stanton, Kelly Harada, Cheyenne Lopez, Preston Schow, Shayla Van Wormer, Luis Perez, Tess Bernstein, Alyssa Hatton Devyn Jackson, Cody Jackson, Danielle Vartanian, Lulu Meeks, Emily Bernstein, Jaimie Harada, Kristie Harada, Andy Anjosian, Alex Anjosian and more.
 

 
 
A special 4+minute video, Taichi Chuanhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Asian Golden Weaver

 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 


 
 

    

 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...




 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

What total strength and beauty in that video. I have seen young girls strive to do something well, and this simply bogles my mind.Thank you for sharing. Can't imagine what those parents thought when all that food started arriving. I'd say they have one smart six year old. Thanks for your creativity. Now I hope it encourages me to get up and do something! LOL!

elenor said...

Thanks for this fine tutorial, Jacki. I always love to see how you are doing this.
I too enjoyed the video with this graceful girl. I think it needs a lot of training to get such mastership.
Happy weekend, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you Carrol, I am sorry I missed your call evidently my phone has been on vibrate so I have not heard it. Yes, that girl is amazing, she makes me feel like a 3 legged sloth! Talk to you soon.

john said...

I love Edna. She comes from a time much before and expresses that with her hair. Wonderful! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! I'm glad you liked the step-by-step, I thought of you when I posted it. Yes, that girl is amazing, she has had years of training, I am sure. Happy Weekend!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Even her posture seemed old time?