Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Day3671: Bracelets and Eebbers

 

 

"The children": old school photos, digital.

 “I don’t want my portraits to hang in your offices, because the president is not an icon or an idol. Hang pictures of your children there and look them in the eyes before every decision” – Zelensky address

 


Want music?




Click here: Jacob Collier, Here Comes the Sun
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...


Driving through Mississippi this morning I got pulled over for speeding. A huge black cop got out of the car. Mr. Olympia walked up and asked for my license and insurance. He came back, informed me I was speeding and handed me my ticket. As he started to walk away I asked him how he's handling everything and how the cops are feeling in Mississippi with all of the senseless killings this week throughout the country. He said "things are tough, but we're hanging in there and just trying to do the right thing and keep people safe...but it's scary". I told him "just so you know, a lot of people are standing with you all and respect the risks you take every day to keep us safe." 
 
 
I took my bracelet off and told him that I give these out to my family, friends, and military members who might need extra protection and that I hope it will keep him safe. He took the bracelet, put it on, and his eyes started to tear up. I saw how much pain and stress this man and his family were probably under. I teared up too. As he walked away he said "this means more than you can imagine". I came to find out my ticket was voided... so I'll be donating the money to the "Palmer Home for Children" charity in Mississippi.
 
Two grown men, of different color, careers, upbringing, and journeys, who had never met before, sitting on the side of the road in Mississippi tearing up over how confusing and hate filled the world has become...shocked by random acts of kindness...realizing we aren't alone in a world where evil tries to divide us every chance it gets.
 
Mike Powers



Howdy from Henderson, NV

I saw this and thought you might like it too?

 Eebbers": cute & hard-working
 

Eebbers is a passenger-screening canine at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

Adorable Eebbers was chosen out of a field of 92 contenders. TSA held a nationwide social media contest and encouraged members of the public to vote on their favorite. Eebbers has quite the resume: He's been with the TSA for 10 years and has assisted with security for two Super Bowls, the Special Olympics World Games, a NCAA National Championship Football game, the Indianapolis 500 and a NASCAR event. After his big win, Eeebbers did something else laudable: He retired. (short video, here)

 

 
Still in Turks and Caicos ...



 

 


 

 

To be continued ...
 
 
 
 
 
 
A fun 2-minute video, Roscoe Racoonhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
SandhillCrane by JimRidley


 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
  

 
  

 
 





  


 
  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

What a lovely 2GN2S story. We always need to see the good in every person. That might change a lot.
Thanks for another nice blog .

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Wishing you a lovely weekend approaching.

john said...

Not only are you on a house sitting vacation but you get to enjoy your family’s vacation from afar by looking at their photos. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yes, I am lucky they share their photos and I, in turn can share them on the blog. A sort of scrap book?