Thursday, September 22, 2022

Day 3686: Austria and math.

 

"Strategies": junk mail collage, digital.




Want music?




Click here: Bill Withers, Just the Two of Us
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

Good friend and artist, Elenor from Austria sent me beautiful photos to share. 2GN2S. Enjoy Austria!
"Hello Jacki, Today was a wonderful day for me. My brother showed us some real gems her in Eastern Tyrol. Two very old churches (13th century) surrounded by high mountains (covered with the first snow of this season) and by old farmhouses. I thought you may enjoy some pics."

The first five pictures are from Obermauern.

  


  

You can see Elenor's artist's eye, capturing the details we would want to see. The next four were titled Old houses, but don't miss the scenery...





  

The last four photos were titled St. Nikolaus ...


  

  

  

What a lovely trip! Thank you, Elenor!



 
Thinking of family ...

 

Uncle Pete (above) was my mothers big brother, the youngest of five boys, my mom was the youngest of five girls. Uncle Pete was married to the beautiful Luella. 


 

And sometimes, they took care of me.  I loved it.

 

 

They were always so kind and loving. I always thought they were the human Barbie and Ken. When I went back to college they would often drive me back on a Sunday night. Before I got married, Aunt Luella took me to the A&P grocery store and bought me everything I needed to have a pantry to start married life and cooking. What a loving gift.


 

Later, when Aunt Luella was in her eighties, I would come stay with her, sleeping on the couch, just to be near and listen to her stories. I miss and love them still. Wonderful memories.

 

 
 
 
A 2+minute video, Sea Otter surferhere.

 
Throwback Thursday ...
 
 Throwback Thursday: Mountain top, San Pedro Sula, Honduras, for Pan-Am Games, 1983
 

 
Just because ...
 
Crimson-breasted Barbets 
    


 
 
Smiles for Thursday ...
 

 

 

 

   

  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

"Strategies" is brilliant. Jacki you know I was a math teacher in my earlier life?
So, thanks for "math. AND Austria". How kind of you, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, the photos are fabulous and will be enjoyed by many.
Yes, I remember that you taught math, and I remember thinking, thats why she like the collage!And youu did some beautiful collage.

john said...

Black and white with red, just perfect. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. It's a simple one.