Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Day 3685 Sunflowers and snacks.

 

  

"Pray4peace": acrylic, collage, digital.



Want music?




Click here: Teddy Pendergrass, Love TKO
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

 
Just looking at this photo makes me happy. Scott Thompson of Thompson Strawberry Farm in Briston, Wisconsin, planted more than 2 million sunflowers on his land to help give people a little, well, sunshine when they need it most. Strolls in fields of sunflowers and other cheery blooms have become fairly trendy in recent years, and it's a great social distancing activity. At Thompson's farm, visitors can roam through 15 fields of sunflowers, zinnias, wildflowers and Mexican sunflowers — a butterfly favorite. "One of the things that's so cool about this is everyone is so happy," he says. It's definitely the season for apple and pumpkin picking in areas across the country too, so with a little searching, you may be able to find some safe options for a day of fall sunshine. 
 


 
 
A day at the Honda place ...

Monday I took my little squirrel-powered 12 year old Honda hybrid in for her yearly service. It usually takes two hours or a little less. I took a bag with my laptop, a book, a bottle of water and decided to wait in their waiting room, rather than be shuttled home and back. All went well, I started in on Tuesday's blog and was finished in about two hours. It is unusual for me to have it done so early. I had only had orange juice before I left home, so around 11, I was getting hungry. Good friend, Carole, and I were texting and she asked if I had something "delish" to eat? I responded ...


"Not exactly delish, but it would save me from the snack machines." And it did. But then I got the idea to shoot the machines! And I was off ...

Any of you that know me, know that was just the start. I will literally take pictures of anything once I get started. Yes there were some funny looks from the normal people in the waiting room, but I had been normal for over two hours!


  

 

 



 I should have mentioned, Hector informed me that my car need rear brake shoes, so it would be another two hours and $$$. Wow! But then I remembered the age of my car and how inexpensive it was to run and maintain, so I agreed. This news brought me back to earth and I spent the rest of my time reading half of my new book.
 

So now you know way more than necessary about my Monday morning. But, some like the hum-drum updates? My biggest blog ever was about going to Costco to get new tires?? Go figure?
 
 
 
 
 
 
A fun 2+minute video, A bed-sheet?here.


 
Just because ...
 
   
Black-faced Dacnis


 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
  

   


 
 
     
 

 
   


  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 



2 comments:

john said...

Wow! Now I am curious as to the number of layers on this piece? :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, well it wad original gesso and paint on a Trader Joe's bag, in fact you can see some of the lettering showing through on the forehead? It was pretty messy, but I liked it because it seemed like an old Madonna statue to me. I digitized it to clean it up a bit. So layers? Maybe 5 oe 6?