Monday, June 27, 2022

Day 3599: Dogs and Claire's.

 

 

"Conflict":  junk mail collage.

 


Want music?




Click here: Sean Mendez, When You're Gone.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

A win for Trumpet !

 
I watched the The Westminster Kennel Club  Dog Show on Sunday afternoon,

was this week, a Bloodhound wont Best in Show!

 He goes by Trumpet, though his full name is "GCHB CH Flessner's Toot My Own Horn." (Yes, show dogs are named like racehorses, apparently.)

 

 Trumpet was up against some formidable competition, like a French bulldog named Winston

Winston, winner 2022 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show's Non-sporting Group.

 (full name: GCHP CH Fox Canyon's I Won the War at Goldshield CGCA CGCU TKN) who nabbed Reserve Best in Show.

 Also in the final seven, best of breeds ...

Hollywood, winner of the 2022 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show's Toy Group.

River, winner of the 2022 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show's Herding Group.

The WKC recognizes 211 different breeds of dog, and the point of the competition is to find the dogs that adhere most to their breed’s standards

 I like watching the personalities of the dogs and their handlers. It seems to be a matter of which dog is enjoying being shown that day. I would love to see a rescue dog show.




Update ...

Brunch at Claire's

Sunday morning, Irene and I took off from opposite directions to drive 30+ minutes to meet at
 
2300 East Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90803

Just about equi-distant from Irene's Palos Verde Estates and my Tustin, so it was perfect to meet again in the middle.
 

(A Pacific check for Lynn in Colorado)


Irene has been here many times, it was my third visit.

 
We split the  lemon ricotta cheese pancakes with blueberries and cream.
 
(which tastes a lot better than this looks?)

 and the country breakfast...
 
 

and we both commented on the vibrant orange yolks of our poached eggs!
 
 

We were seated by the sculpture pool and overlooking the Pacific. A lovely Sunday morning. Thank you Irene!
 

 
 
 
A fun 6-minute video, 6 happy dogshere.


 
Just because ...
 
Yellow-bibbed Lory



 


Smiles for Monday ...
 
 


 

 



 
 
 
   
 
                                                               Thanks for coming by today
 
 
 

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Great funnies today;-) I am spoiled with my Pacific views... thank you. Loved cycle man with dogs. Especially his smile when he saw the camera! Missed the Westminister show this year. We usually follow so thank you for the highlights. I agree about the rescue dogs show. With the owners telling their stories.

jacki long said...

Thanka Lynn! The FB link is now working, I found my error late last night, it only took me 11 days. It was an easy fix once I finally found it. I will take you off the e-mail, okay? Yes, wouldn't that be a great rescue dog show ansd you're right, with the stories!! Have a great week Rad Nana!

elenor said...

A brilliant collage again, Jacki! Do you first find a title for a collage or is the collage first done and then you look for a title? For me both would be quite hard. I admire both, the collage and the title for it.
How nice to see such a beautiful picture of you. I'm glad you spent such an inspiring Sunday morning with your friend.

john said...

How lovely to have some time with Irene. The food looks amazing.


Anytime you put in some red into your art you have me captured. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, Irene is a dear friend. I am blessed! I almost always name the collage after, since when working I am focus on the layout and design. So when finished,something usually seems aparent?

jacki long said...

Thank you John, I do think about your "pop of color" when I add the red. And, Happy, Happy Birthday, I will send you an e-mail. And, yes it was lovely to be with Irene, isn't she beautiful inside and out? If you come down we will go there.