Sunday, June 12, 2022

Day 3584: Watching.

 

"Watching": photo, digital collage.


 


Want music?




Click here: Donnie McClurkin, Why We Sing.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

 Kitten whisperer




If you watch today's video below, of a man finding a kitten on the side of the road -- you will see him only to be overrun by a dozen more hiding in the grass?

As Robert Brantley was driving down the backroads of northeast Louisiana on Tuesday, something caught his eye. The professional shooter was going about 40 miles an hour as he headed toward the shooting range, but he thought he had seen a kitten on the side of the road.

He wasn't sure though, so he turned his car around and went back to find out. In a video that he posted to Instagram, Brantley walks toward a single white and gray tabby kitten. "Look — kitty, kitty," Brantley calls toward the kitten. Then "Oh, no, there's a whole — oh, my gosh! I can't take y'all. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh, there's more! We got a kitten problem," Brantley exclaims in his initial video. "Who would do this? I thought I was saving one. Hot diggity dog."


Needless to say, Brantley had his hands full and did not make it to the range that day. "I was not prepared for the kittens," he told NPR. "I was just blown away."

The 37-year-old said it was a wave of emotions as he realized someone had likely dumped the kittens on the side of the road at an age when they couldn't fend for themselves. Then he started the notably difficult task of herding the cats into his Honda hatchback. "When I opened the door and started putting 'em in, they were jumping out. If I'd throw one in, three would run out," he said. "But they would stay around my ankles on the ground. So I finally rolled down the windows, shut a door and started putting them inside where they couldn't get out." Brantley then headed home with his baker's dozen of kittens. The initial video gained a lot of traction on social media, and Brantley said thousands of offers for adoption started pouring in from all around the U.S. and elsewhere in the world.

At this time, most of the litter is spoken for, with the exception of a couple of kittens that need a little extra attention, and a veterinarian is scheduled to stop by Thursday night to help out.

That compassion and the generosity of people around the world wanting to help are what Brantley wants people to take away from his story.

 


Update ...


Saturday morning Valerie and I took off for ...
 

We neither one had been there in a while, and we saw some new additions ...


On the outside of the building was this great face, that I thought was really masterful. What a great way to use the exterior wall of an art store?

 

It looks like they will add more?
I had ASW gift cards "burning a whole in my
pocket" as they used to say. And, believe it or not I was able to spend all three cards and still spend some on my own card.

Pens are a weakness, cartridges are a necessity.


Now I have no business buying another journal for the rest of my life, but this one was 4-1/2" x 5" with yummy handmade paper inside, so Valerie and I made an executive decision that it would go home with me. That's what good friends do, right?
 

And, we both bought a quart of this new, minty fresh paste, made in So-Cal, used by local legends!
All in all, another fun outing, thanks Valerie!


 
 
 
A cute 1-minute video, Kittenshere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Turquoise-browed Motmot

 
 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 
 
 


 



 
 
   
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.



4 comments:

john said...

Your piece ‘Watching” is the definition of innocence. :-)

elenor said...

Jacki, I can imagine how you enjoyed your trip with Valerie to the art supply house. Imagine, I will be going tomorrow to such an art supply store in a nearby town. I'm already excited to get some new things I've been dreaming of for some while now.
Have a good start into the new week.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yes, an innocent face indeed.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! Yes, like Christmas to pick out little gifts. Have a great week!