Monday, June 20, 2022

Day 3592: Flourish of Approval.

 

  

"Holding Together": Tea bag collage


 


Want music?




Click here:Luther Vandross, House is Not a Home.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ... 

 

Flourish of approval

 


 

I just love the sound of it. Wouldn't that make your day? A flourish of approval or krul ("curl") is a mostly Dutch symbol used for grading schoolwork or to show that one has seen and agreed with a paragraph. The krul first appeared in the early 19th century together with the rising bureaucracy in the Netherlands.[1] The symbol is rarely used outside of the Netherlands apart from the Dutch Caribbean islands and former Dutch colonies like Indonesia, South Africa, Suriname and Flanders in Belgium.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

 


Update ...

TMI


I get a pedicure once in a great while, somehow my pedicures seem to last.


For the record, my nail polish is always as close as I can get to my skin color,  a soft natural beige-y pink? I do my own manicure, but get help on the pedicure. Both nails and toes the same color.


Good friend Carole, said "Pedicure?? What color?  Bright pink or red. Better yet, that turquoise or green color that I see everywhere?  What color, Jacki?  Ha.Ha."
 


I said "Egads, no!"
 
Aunt Vonda always kept her nails perfectly filed and neat. No polish. Later when she had to be in a very nice care facility, the well meaning girls painted her nails red.  She didn't seem to mind or maybe notice, but I knew they really didn't know Aunt Vonda.  
WonderWoman will tease me sometimes saying 
that someday she'll paint my nails red. 
If so, I hope I'll be like Aunt Vonda and not mind.





 

 
 
 
A unique 5-minute video, carrot clarinethere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Green-tailed Sunbird

 

 


Smiles for Monday ...
 
 


 



 
 



 
   
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

8 comments:

SlocombesOut&About said...

I love the "krul" flourish of approval! Thanks for posting the story behind it.

john said...

Great, great piece. I love the stitching. :-)

Lynn said...

I would like to make a digital flourish that I could use for posts rather than the fairly limited ones one Facebook;-) Such a great idea. Loved the creative multi-use clarinet. When your through with it you can just cook it! Fingernails plain, bling on toes. I knew you'd want to know :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Denise, I love that idea, and flourish of approval is so appealing?

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! I am crazy about stitching, but not very good at it.

jacki long said...

Thanks a great idea, Lynn. Can't wait to see it! And yes, I did want to know, I will file that away for reference. Thanks so much for finding the blog, darn FB is still in limbo!

elenor said...

Love your collage, Jacki! Great use of your sewing machine. The stitching holds it all together.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, I do love the look of stitches,but I am pathetic at sewing.