Thursday, June 23, 2022

Day 3595: A lovely day.

 

 

"Thinking of There": junk mail collage, digital.

 

 


Want music?




Click here: Erik Satie, Gymnopedies.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...


White Lion With Bangs at Guangzhou Zoo May Have Accidentally Given Himself This Haircut

 


There are bad hair days, and then there are the days where you cut your own hair and have to spend weeks growing out the results of an impulsive decision. Humans know these fashion faux pas all too well, but at the Guangzhou Zoo, in China, there is a lion who can relate, too. Meet Hang Hang, a male white lion who has been sporting a truly puzzling hairdo.

 

 

Photos of Hang Hang are going viral on Chinese social media platforms. The lion's fluffy mane appears to have been chopped into blunt, mod bangs across his forehead. The questionable hairstyle is presented with such precision that people are accusing the zoo's staff of giving Hang Hang an unnecessary haircut. However, the zoo has repeatedly denied the claims, and suggested in an official statement that the high humidity in Guangzhou could be responsible for causing his mane to hang down like that. They also say the look may have been achieved naturally through the lion's own grooming routine, which perhaps the most amusing (and relatable) explanation. Fortunately, Hang Hang doesn't seem bothered by his new hairstyle.

 


Interestingly, Hang Hang is actually part of a species of lion with a rare mutation that is known for its fur. The white lion's fur, which can range from a pale blond to a striking white, is caused by a recessive trait known as leucism, a less-severe gene mutation than that of albinism. This stunning species was pronounced extinct in the wild between 1992 and 2004. Thanks to the Global White Lion Protection Trust, however, these lions were reintroduced back into their natural habitat in 2004, and there are now three prides flourishing in the wild. Though Hang Hang resides in a zoo, he's drawing just as much attention (if not more) for his unique blond locks.



Update ...

Today, adopted kids picked me up at 11am and we drove to Costa Mesa and to the ...



and


3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

 


A lovely restaurant in a beautiful location. 
 

Michell and Kevin like to try new places, this was a great choice, and I got to tag along.
 
 

We started & shared the Medjool Dates! Outstanding!
 

Kevin and I split the salad and ... 


the Angus Burger. Michelle chose the Free-Range Chicken Burger. By the time we remembered to take a picture, there wasn't much left. And, if that wasn't enough, Kevin said we weren't done. We drove to ...

1000 Bristol St, Newport Beach, CA 92660

Moulin, 

"French Bakery, Cafe and Restaurant in Newport Beach. French Wine Store. French Pastry Store. French Market Store. French Bistro. 100% French by French Artisans."

Here we picked out some decadent pastries and brought them back to my house to enjoy and talk.
A lot! I am afraid I talked too much, but they are so kind & good to be with, the time flies by, for me. 
 

What a great way to spend a day. 

 


Thank you Michelle and Kevin, I love you both.


 


 Throwback Thursday




 

 
 
 
A cute 3+minute video, Baby fox & GoProhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Black&Yellow Broadbill



 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 




 

 

 
 



 
   
 
                                                               Thanks for coming by today



8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Jacki, Love your hair - you are looking great! Thank you for your daily posts. <3

elenor said...

How wonderful that you spent such a happy day with your friends.
Love your collage, Jacki, also the collage yesterday but I could not comment. We are on a short but wonderful holiday.

Lynn said...

You are right, it's wonderful to get uninterrupted, with the exception of sharing great food, time to chat and catch up with all that happens in between time.
The lion's haircut, ha ha, yet another mystery unsolved.
Yet again a stunning collage!
Query. The stitched tea bag. Did you break out your mini machine:-)

jacki long said...

Thank you Lorraine, I am glad you can get the blog. Let me know when you wan to stop the e-mail. Hope you're having a great day.
Thanks, one of my former students does my hair, and I like what she does.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor, I am so happy for you o be on a holiday, enjot!

jacki long said...

Thanks dso much Lynn, I love hearing from you as always. The stitched tea bag was one when I was at Libby Wiliamson's studio, under her guidance with a real sewing machine, as opposed to my miniature version. I think I made about 20 teabag collages that day, but only a few were stitched. I do lpove the look of stitches. I think I still have about 18, I used some on cards.

john said...

I so like the different fonts and script. They mix so well in compositions. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. U rarely do a collage without it? I do love any type of text.