Sunday, June 19, 2022

Day 3591: Happy Fathers Day!


"Invasion": junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here: Hall & Oates, Sara Smile.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...


Pet Emu chases owner ... 

 


 "It’s been a good run, but I’ve found my calling — I want, nay, need to be a professional emu wrangler." That’s what Toby Wilson’s life has become, thanks to a (2 min. video): rambunctious emu named Cosmo Toby and his wife, Michelle, raised Cosmo from an egg (wait until you see him as a striped baby, dressed in a handmade sock diaper). But once Cosmo's own baby hatched, that penchant for mischief turned into a vicious paternal instinct. He’d nip at Toby while the man attempted to mow Cosmo's pasture, chasing him down like a T-rex hunting Jeff Goldblum. Eventually, to thwart the prehistoric-looking bird’s bites, Toby decided to wield pool noodles like foamy lightsabers, keeping Cosmo at a noodle’s length. Michelle even fashioned Toby a hat with two pool noodles sticking out on either side, which, to an emu, probably looks like the fear-inducing facade of a longhorn bull. Maybe when the newest baby emu grows up, Cosmo will let down his guard around his human dad. Or maybe the father-offspring duo will team up to take Toby down?


 

Update ...


I have started a new book, recommended by good friend, Denise. Penny is new author to me, have you read her books? I love to hear from you.
 
 

And, because I trust Denise, I also bought this, so it is waiting in the wings.


It is one of her earlier books, so common sense should have had me read it first, but?

 
Happy Fathers Day to all Dads 
 

and to my Hall of Fame Dad's
 
 
*Some are not birth Dads, but are every bit a Dad to many. And, I need to make some new additions.
 
 
 

 
 
 
A cute 2+minute video, cats & boxeshere.


 
Just because ...
 
Golden-breasted Starling

 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 




 
 




 

 
   
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

7 comments:

john said...

I love the vibrancy of the blue that you achieved.

elenor said...

The invasion destroys so much. You show this perfectly in your collage.
Here father's day was already celebrated last Sunday. But thanks for your good wishes, Jacki. Good wishes are welcomed at any time.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John! Happy Fathers Day! I know you didn't have your own kids, but I am sure you were a Dad and inspiration to so many.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Good wishes for a wonderful week ahead.

Lynn said...

Hi Jacki, so good to have you back! I'm saying that because I haven't seen a post from you since Tues. I think. Is Facebook giving you grief? Oy Vey! Missed you.
I have every one of Louise Penny's Gamache books so you could say I'm a fan ;-). I have even read the books she wrote with Hillary Cinton. Pretty good too. I definitely think you would enjoy reading them from the beginning of the series. Some of her original characters were were excellent and a wonderful foundation for the series. Enjoy!
I'm leaving the pool noodle contingent to contain the emu population!

Lynn said...

My Radnana said thanks and we both enjoyed the cats with boxes. I just read your email and figured out how to access the missing posts yay!

jacki long said...

Yea Rad Nan, aka Lynn! Good I am glad you can access the blog by it's direct link, that means it is FB and not my blog or blogpost. WW and I tried to fix it today but no luck. Superman is on a business trip so I don't want to bother him. Brandon, my techy guru sent me a download, so I will do that after I finish another silly blog. Thanks for your response. And, I am 1/4 into the Madness of Crowds, (which I kept getting deja-vu, as I think I have read a story with the three Pines Village? )so will go backwards to Glass Houses. Thanks again.