Sunday, November 29, 2020

Day 3047: ... one of just a few.


 

"Wheat": porcelain on wood barrel head, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2".

 



Want music?




Click here for Jennifer Hudson, Beautiful.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Still another short story ...

 

 

I noticed the above ceramic piece today. And, realized it is one of just a few ceramic pieces that I have left to show for my years as a potter. I mentioned that time here and here. Oh, and I mentioned Moose, recently, here.

 I started in the early 70's and used to sell to designers and department sales, and had a home sale by invitation, two days a year. Wonder-Woman was little and it allowed me to work from home. So, the pieces that remain are nearly antiques.  Seems like a long time ago.




 
 


•   An adorable 2+minute video, baby polar bear, here.
•  An unusual 4-minute video, Meercat?, here.
•  A wow 1-1/2 minute video, like heights?, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Raggiana Bird-of-paradise
 
 

 
                        

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 
 

 


    











     





            





                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 

 

 



8 comments:

Libby Williamson said...

Sweet baby polar bear!

elenor said...

Your ceramic piece is just wonderful, Jacki. I also loved the story of Margaret Mead. I never have had in my mind what she said.
Have a good start into the next week.

Julie said...

I liked the part about the gender of Peppers. Also thanks for sharing the family pictures (from the post a few days ago.) I hope you had a good holiday!

john said...

I like your “antiques”. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Libby, I so appreciate you stopping by, I know you are so busy! Please take good care.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Elenor, you are so kind and I appreciate your stopping by and taking time to comment. Happy new week!

jacki long said...

Thanks Julie, I am so glad you stopped by. I always worry that I include too much family, but they are all crazy,, so I do.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I also, am an antique.