Monday, November 2, 2020

Day 3020: I get by with a little help ...

 

 

"chronic shopper", round robin journal spread paper only collage


 



Want music?




Click here for  Tom Misch, It Runs Through Me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


A step by step of the process.


step 1



Starting with an acrylic background on the 8.4" x 11" spread.




step 2


I planned a face & originally to use security envelopes for hair.





step 3


But I picked up a blue paper scrap and just went with it.



step 4



Still no real idea in mind, just playing with paper.




step 5


Now she's starting to tell me what she needs?




step 6


Arms might be good.


step 7



Using a sewing pattern for the eyebrows. 
I could get another effect by lining with a marker, 
but have decided to use just paper.




step 8


My Aunt Martha was a wonderful teacher & artist, 
and on days like this, I feel her with me. 
I don't care if that sounds crazy ...


step 9


because this is nothing like what I thought I would do today.




step 10

 

 I like it. Thanks Aunt Martha!



 
 


•   A funny 1-minute video, pet costumes, here.
•  A cute 8-minute video, cat gets 2 puppies, here.
•  An amazing 3-minute video, the ibex, here.


 

 2GN2S

Little rituals.

I have them and I bet you do too. Daily rituals, but today I am talking about monthly rituals. Since it's November 1st. I change my Terry Garrett calendar, a most wonderful gift from a great artist. Each year he sends me, and others, 12 art calendars that he has designed and I get to live with each art for the new month. This morning I changed October to November and made the month official. I have kept every month's art since 2014. A real treasury.

                        
           

  











   










The other first of the month little ritual is changing my desk calendar. I live by my desk calendar.

 


Luckily, Carole brings me a calendar each year. Thanks, Carole Suzuki


What are your little rituals? I'd really love to hear?


 
                        

A smiles for Monday ...
 
 

 

 

 
 

 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

                                                                     Thanks for visiting today.

                                                                           Happy November!

 

8 comments:

john said...

Of course I love the steps that you used to create this spread. What I treasure in this piece is the blue and white deli paper in her hair. I see the red and white deli paper in the piece, too. Just great! :-)

Betty Cotton said...

Thanks Jacki! Always enjoy your blog and appreciate the step by step for your "chronic shopper" - a really fun piece and more true to life than one can imagine! Have a good day!

Carrol Wolf said...

Wow! Great start to the week. I loved your graphic and a thanks to Aunt Martha if she helped. Also loved the calendar. You really set a great positive tone for the week. Hope I can just go with it. Thanks

elenor said...

Your step by step is a real treat again. Thanks for sharing.
Wishing you a fine evening!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! yes bo paper is ever lost, and deli papers are super stuff!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Betty. So good to hear from you.
It was a bit different, I can't remember when I last used stamps?
Take good care, Betty!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol for your kind words and your generous help with smiles, plus the Japan pics were stunning and will appear in a future blog. Love to Stan too, I am so glad he is well.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, you know I love hearing from you. Please take good care and have a wonderful, healthy week ahead.