Friday, November 6, 2020

Day 3024: Lost in Translation.

 

 

                                   

"Lost in Translation": photo, digital.



 



Want music?




Click here for  Sean Mendez, Lost in Japan.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

Yukizuri season


It's November, and that means it's yukizuri season.

 

At Kenrokuen Garden in Kanazawa ...
over 500 gardeners will spend the next month tying up 800 trees to help them support the weight of snow.


            
       

Just because ...


This category is usually mainly for birds, colorful birds, but I saw this and I thought it qualifies? I love this. Isn't it perfect for a pandemic?

                                                

Issey Miyake, spring 2021 ready-to-wear

                        And, some other looks from the recent runway ...


 
 


•   An inspiring 2-1/2 minute video, singing cops, here.
•   A fascinating 3-minute video, peeling tangerine, here.
•  An unusual 1-minute video, cat conversation, here.


 

Just because ...

 

Steller's Jay

 

 
                        

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


 

 

                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 

 

 


5 comments:

john said...

I love what you did with the calligraphy. This piece has so much depth and interest. :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

I agree with John, but I also wonder where you get all the interesting bits you post: the singing police officers were a delight. Thank you for making Friday just a little bit better.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I am glad you liked it! Have a great weekend.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol, many of my things come from you, some come from hunting something else and I run into another good one. Thanks again, and have a great weekend.

elenor said...

You know I always love your art-of-the-day, but I never mentioned that I also always enjoy your just-because. Thanks for another interesting and delightful blog.
Have a fine weekend, dear Jacki!