Saturday, November 7, 2020

Day 3025: A gift at just the right time.


 

 

"Patricia": old photo, collage and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Al Green, Simply Beautiful.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update:

I was dragging a bit today. The shoulder is acting up and making   sleep an obstacle to get through. I didn't check my mail yesterday,      so I walked out today and found ...


and inside ... wrapped beautifully ...


was the book, new to me ...


      A whimsical book that would appeal to kids, adults and me.               I am almost finished with a wonderful, architectural book ...

 


 but I started reading my new book from dear friend and artist,    Carrol, and before I knew it I had read the entire lovely book. 

 


 

Wonderful illustrations and such a soulful text that made me           sigh and re-read.  

 

 
 
A really wonderful gift. Thank you Carrol Wolf.

 

 

 

TMI Dept.


I come from a family of teachers. Really good teachers.
We also have engineers, but this is about teachers.
 

Aunt Fern, Aunt Martha, Aunt Pauline, Aunt Vonda, Mom

Four Aunts and an Uncle all outstanding teachers.
The kind that talk about school even in the summer!
Enough so that I was pretty sure I didn't want to be a teacher.
But then I married a coach/teacher and became a teacher.
Now after forty five years of teaching ...
I have determined that I was a pretty good teacher.
You see I do believe in angels. I do.
And if at anytime I wasn't a good teacher,
I believe one of my angels would nudge me back into place.
So, I guess I had to be a teacher.
 
 
So there.
 
 
 
 


•   A sweet 3-minute video, cat visitor, here.
•   A fascinating 3+minute video, vibrations, here.
•  A super-sweet 12-minute video, rescue, here.
 

 

Just because ...


Vermillion Flycatcher


 
                        

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 

 
 

 
Health Message 

As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world,

I rapidly realized that I don't really give a rat's hiney.

It’s the tortoise life for me!

 

1. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.

2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, and is fat.

3. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.

4. A tortoise doesn't run and does nothing, yet it lives for 450 years.

And you tell me to exercise? I don't think so.

I'm retired. Go around me.  

 

 

 

 


 

 
 
 
 

 




 
 

 

 
                                                                  Thanks for visiting today.

 

3 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

I have to give credit for the book to another good friend who handed it to me and said that I would enjoy it and could read it to my grandchildren. When I saw all the clever and wonky art and the beautiful story, you were the person who had to receive it. I hope you will pass it on to someone who is special to you.

You must have worked out a way to get 30 hours in a day because I don't know how you come up with a beautiful piece of art every single day.

john said...

Your photo looks like Emily Blunt. Love what you did with it. We all can breathe a collective sign of relief today. :-)

Kim said...

You were the absolute BEST teacher! “Well, they’re no Jacki, but...” comes out of my mouth before A LOT of other comments! 😉😂💜💜