Sunday, November 22, 2020

Day 3040: I think I might have laughed out loud.

 

     

"RAF/William": Old photo, collage & digital.





Want music?




Click here for  Minnie Riperton, Back Down Memory Lane.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Recently, an artist from my class asked if I sew?
I think I might have laughed out loud.
I do have a tiny sewing machine, just 8 x 9 inches.
A 50's color of green, plastic, electric & battery-powered!
I bought it years ago for $9.99 or $19.99 ...
 at a Michael's or somewhere ... forgetting my dismal skills,
but thinking that it should be worth at least that much?







Also, acknowledging that my sewing skills didn't merit more.
I can hear you thinking, I bet it doesn't work!

Well, it does (they tell me).
 It came with bobbins, extra threads and even tiny scissors 
for whoever would deem to buy a tiny plastic sewing machine.
 





                   I so love stitching, but being patience impaired ...
            this machine needs to come with a tiny elf 
to help me with bobbins, threading etc.
I know my limitations pretty well.



 

 2GN2S

 


 Just in case you might be interested in habits, and breaking or changing them, this is Chapter 1 of the New York Times-bestselling book, Atomic Habits., by James Clear. Take a read now if you like.


 
 


•   A mind-blowing 4-minute video, Long Dream, here.
•  An interesting 3+minute video, Paul Klee, here.
•  A thrilling 30-second video, homemade water-slide, here.


 

Just because ...

 

Australian Star Finch

 
                   

 
 
 Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 



 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


 
 

 
  



                                                               Thanks for visiting today. Happy Weekend!

 

 


8 comments:

Libby Williamson said...

Great videos!

john said...

RAF William is terrific!. You have immortalized him with your digital artistic magic. :-)

Paula S Coleman said...

Great EVERYTHING!! ☮️💟✝️

elenor said...

How cute is your sewing machine! I do have a larger one, indeed I also have a serger and I use them a lot. I bought my first sewing machine with my first self earned money and i had it for about 30 years when one little part broke. With my new machine I love to sew dresses for my granddaughter and men shirts for my little grandson. He always asks me if I would sew something for him - just too cute.
Have a wonderful start into the new week, dear Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Libby, I appreciate your visit.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! As I have said, I always think of you when I try to do a man.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Paula. I love hearing from you and am hoping you and your terrific family are safe and well? Please tell "Michael Bates" hello for me.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! It is a cute little sewing machine, right? It is here in my studio, somewhere? I will use it to sew paper as I love what stitching adds to a piece. I would get a second-hand real sewing machine, but I have trouble with tension settings, bobbins, and such. I sometimes draw stitches! I am sure your family enjoys your special work for them, what a treat!