Thursday, November 19, 2020

Day 3027: What a great day

 

 

 

"Corona": digital collage.


 



Want music?




Click here for  Sheku Kanneh-Mason, Melody
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 



Update:

Yesterday I got a text from WonderWoman ...


Today at 11 am we went to Shin Sen Gumi in Irvine, we wore masks and ate outside due to the new lock-down. I brought home leftovers.













 

 

 

We enjoyed delicious Hakata Ramen and Marinated Pork Fried Rice.

Afterward we stopped in Trader Joe's for vegetables, salads, juices, milk, yogurt, maple protein bars, apples, cheeses, tortilla, and more. Lavender hand sanitizer back in the car. Back home by 1 pm. I promised WW and the GH's I would walk each day, and I did, today was Day 1.

At 1:30 I got a phone call from GH#2 making a walk and lunch date for the this Friday! How cool is that? Then at 3 pm I head a soft knock on my front door GH#3, who had got off work early and stopped by. I should have probably gone to get a lottery ticket, right? Zack stayed 2 hours and I was in heaven. What a great day.

Tonight at 6 pm I had a zoom meeting with instructors about a future virtual Karate tournament. I no longer teach, so my attendance was more curiosity, just watching and listening. The younger ones are doing a great job.










 

Showing my age, I never anticipated having virtual Karate tournaments, but they are a reality in this crazy year. 

      Our Annual International Karate Tournament 

       will happen virtually on              

Sunday, December 6,2020.


 
 
2GN2S
 
 
 

THE SEGESTROM FAMILY VIRTUAL TREE LIGHTING

South Coast Plaza’s annual tree-lighting will be a virtual event on Thursday, November 19 at 7 p.m. for its 39th year, hosted by Misty Copeland, Principal Dancer of the American Ballet Theatre. The virtual show will feature performances by the Orange County School of the Arts and a special visit from Santa.

View the show on Thursday, November 19 at 7 pm. at southcoastplaza.com and on IGTV on South Coast Plaza’s Instagram @southcoastplaza.


 
 

 
 
 


•   A really cute 5-minute video, funny cats, here.
•  A intriguing 9-minute video, creativity engineered, here.
•   A clever 3-minute video, cat's version, here.


 

 

Throwback Thursday ...

 

Photo by Demura Sensei

1980, Temple, Yokohama, Japan.

Norm Besterling, me, Eliza Haguchi, Dwight Lomayesva

 

 

                        

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 

 
 

 
 

 
    


 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 

 



9 comments:

Lydia said...

Thank you Jacki, wishing you a safe and lovely Thanksgiving 😍

john said...

You got me with the lovely red. Just perfect you know! :-)

elenor said...

Again it was totally delightful to read your blog.
Thanks for the big hug. I want to send one back to you, dear Jacki!
Have a nice evening.

jacki long said...

Thank you Lydia, and wishing you a safe, healthy, happy thanksgiving!

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I do like that color combination. Take good care.

jacki long said...

Than you Elenor, sometimes I think I over-do with my news, but it was a good day. Wishing you wonderful, healthy, safe days for you you and your famiy and friends.

Paula S Coleman said...

I enjoy your blogs so much ❤️
Stay safe. Happy Thanksgiving 🙏🏼💟

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Pauls, I really enjoy hearing from you and that the blogs are okay. THANK YOU!!!

jacki long said...

Thank you so much, Paula.
I really appreciate you stopping by,
it is lovely to hear from you.