Friday, November 20, 2020

Day 3038: Sumo and the mystery lady.

 

 

"Geisha 51": old print, collage and digital.

 

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  The Vapors, I Think I'm Turning Japanese.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update

You might already know by now, that I love Sumo. 

I've explained my fascination in blogs, here and here


I love everything about Sumo.
The tradition still honored.
The cleansing of the ring.
The skill and dedication.
The idea of a 15 consecutive day
basho (tournament) and the 
champion being the winner
of 15 days of competition.
And, the fact that you can't tell
by the sumo player's demeanor ,
which is the winner or the defeated.
No boasting. Manners. Tradition.
I love Sumo.
 
I've been watching the November Basho since November 8th and I look forward to watching it on NHK. ... 
 
Due to the pandemic they are limiting attendance to half of normal. September's basho was limited to one quarter the normal attendance,
Yesterday I captured this image to share. Who do you think won?

Enho (right)won and is the smallest makuuchi sumo wrestler, at just 168 centimeters (5 feet, 6.1 inches) tall and a svelte, by his profession's standards, 99 kilograms (218 pounds). He is a crowd favorite.
 
ShoDai, winner of the September Basho and Emperors Cup.

Watching every evening, I caught a glimpse of a beautiful lady, I call her the mystery lady. I started looking for her and she is in the same spot every day, looking serene and very interested.










 

 

 

 

 

 






 
I was thrilled when I caught her clapping. I do watch the sumo too.
 



 
 
In my mind she is the wife of one of the sumo wrestlers? I am checking with my sources in Japan.  
Thus, the Mystery Lady.

I am a "Sumo Fan"!

 


 
 


•  A sweet 3+minute video, baby deer, here.
•  An special 5-minute video, Merrie Monarch, here.
•  A gorgeous 1+minute video, Flamingos in flight, here.


 
Just because ...
 
Red-legged Honeycreeper.

 

 
                        

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 

 

 








                      








                                                               Thanks for stopping by today.

 

 




4 comments:

john said...

Yes, a thousand yeses. Your piece is just what I needed today. Beautiful! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. ;o)

Rachael said...

Did you find out? We talk about her all the time!

Chris in Australia said...

Please Jacki, my wife and I watch every match on NHK. Who is she? We look out for her at every basho.