Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Day 2204: My lowest bill ever.




Colette: china marker, gesso on cardboard
















Want music?

 




Click here for  Chaka Khan & Rufus, Sweet Thing.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?












Colette: china marker on cardboard



A humble square of packing cardboard, with a tear and text.
I loved it, and started scribbling with a china-marker.
I liked the bizarre hair & face in shadow.
The text is always a plus to my eyes.
I almost stopped, but thought gesso might help.




An uneven wash of gesso, did what I hoped for.
Do you like one better?















The most read blog I have ever done was in 2016, here.
I have always been amazed, puzzled, but 
also appreciative, and it was partly about Costco.


Today, after 4 other errands, I headed for my local Costco.
I knew I was in trouble, parking at the farthest corner.




It was morning, so I thought I might beat the masses. Wrong.
Something about back-to-school shopping?





I was single minded. Determined to get in and out.
I only needed water. I buy 4 cases to last 2 months.




The trouble is that I can't lift a case.
I have to wait & snag an employee to help me, and Bob did.


Costco ceiling
 
The next obstacle was to check out, sixth in line.






My lowest bill ever.  Accomplished because I went 
straight to the water & didn't go down any aisles of temptation.
Once at the exit, I again had to ask for help loading. 







Jim was kind to load the cases into my car.
 Once home, no more helpers, 
so after 8pm when it cooled down,
I cut open each case ...





I unload 6 at a time, and re-stacked in my garage 
ready for the upcoming months.





Not too exciting, just an every two month happening.
Some days I need to draw on what happened?
Thanks for your patience.








A smile for Wednesday ...









No comments: